Indiana74 is our member of the month of January

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indiana74 is our member of the month of January

All of us on this site are here to learn and show off our latest finds. As a site we run the gambit of experience. Those that come to this site looking for answers for what they found, new to artifact hunting. There is a lot that do not get confirmation for the natural items they post. And leave the site for good. But there is a select few that stick around and learn. Indiana74 is one that has grown into this hobby. We as a group recognize that it is a never ending process of learning. But it’s those that first start out, listen and learn, and are enthusiastic, are the ones I admire. Indiana74 is one of them.
    We start this year out recognizing where all our humble beginnings started in this hobby. How we all have grown overtime but more important watching those new to the hobby, have their eyes opened.
    Please welcome Indiana74 for member of the month of January.
    My name is Shea Hinton. I was born and raised in Franklin Co. Indiana in a small town called Brookville IN. I am a single mom with four kids. I learned a long time ago that I liked anything to do with Native American Indians even before I can remember...let me explain. My mother tells a story of when I was about four years old. She came outside to call me in for supper and I was nowhere to be found. Living on 187 acres with fully grown crops in 85% of that land was a nightmare when it came to my family finding me. They found me out in the middle of one of the fields and scolded me for running off and scaring all of them. My mom says I looked at her and said that I was just doing what that lady told me to. When she asked me what lady I told her the one with the funny things in her long black hair. Mom said her hair stood up on her arms and she got freaked out a bit especially when I started taking the corn and grinding it down to almost a powder in the
    weeks to follow. She said that I told her I watched the lady do it and that there was work to do and it was my job. I do not recall any of this. Maybe just a vivid imagination of a small child...or was it When my step dad bought the farm we lived on it had dirt floors in the basement. He found many cigar boxes full of artifacts that we assume came from the property. I remember people stopping by our house asking to hunt one particular field that was not level like the others. We were shown many finds that came from the field. I started to study artifacts on my own by getting books from the library. I was hooked at that point. Not a mile across the Whitewater River from the farm is where the Hopewell village was found when workers were putting in a gas line and were forced to shut down while archeologist did their jobs. That was big excitement for our small town. I never learned so much about artifacts until I joined arrowheads.com group in 2013. I
    have learned so much more than any book could ever have taught me. I really appreciate the honesty and patience of the group for putting up with me and encouraging me to not ever give up and to keep at it. I did prevail and continue to prevail. It has changed my life and gives me something to look forward to. There are members on the forum I consider to be close friends and even family. I care about all of you guys and gals. I look forward to seeing your finds and reading what's going on in your lives. I try to encourage others the way I have been encouraged and I have tried to make the group more personal because let’s face it. We are different...we are special...we are rock nerds!

Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Well Deserved Shea!  Thanks for sharing your thoughts and all those cool finds! Wish you a happy New year and lots of more great finds!
    Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

Glad you have stuck around Shea. Its been great having you here. You are willing to listen and learn which is very hard for some people. Including myself. Anyways congrats on the M.O.M award. You deserved it. Thanks

Comment

Hey Shea, Congrats Member of the Month. I really enjoy reading your posts and seeing the artifacts.
        Michigan Yooper
        If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Congratulations Shea.
          You wafted into the forum like a breath of fresh air... full of warmth, enthusiasm and encouragement to others.
          I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Comment

Two thumbs up, Shea Very much deserved. I really enjoyed hearing your your memories too, sounds like a wonderful place to grow up. Always enjoy your thoughtful posts and I'm very happy that you are here with us!
            Rhode Island

Comment

Well deserved, Congrats! :woohoo:
              http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Hey Shea, congrats! Great to meet another lady rock nerd! Most of my friends just smile -and- roll their eyes when I talk rocks.  :crazy: have enjoyed your posts -and- replies to mine.
                Deb
                Child of the tides

Comment

Very deserving Honor! Great to have some active Ladies here
                  Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

Congratulations Shea!  Your the rose among all us old thorns on the bush!!
                    http://www.ravensrelics.com/

Comment

I really enjoy your enthusiam. Congrats
                      east Tx.

Comment

B) big congrats! glad to have you around!
                        call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

Well I guess I really didn't know you before this thread as I haven't been around much in a few months. I loved the Bio and can surely relate.  Learning is everything. I have collected for 50 years and five years ago, I would have told you I had East Tx occupation figured out.  Then I started a real excavation. 14ft of stacked cultures all the way back to Pre-Clovis. 
                             The thing that strikes me now is...The more I learn, the less I know.
                          Congrats!

Comment

Congratulations, Nice intro and I enjoy your posts. Keep it up!

Comment

A very well deserved honor Shea congrats on the recognition for your contributions to the forum.
                              All that aside Shea everyone is gawking at your pic so i guess i will say it. You are one sassy looking lady Shea. :woohoo:
                              The expression on your face says" I have a secret and I am dying to tell". :rolf:
                              Bruce
                              In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

Working...
                              X