Please welcome Kyflintguy MOTM of February

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please welcome Kyflintguy MOTM of February

One thing we look for is members that show us their Knowledge. And the dedication to the site.  Some may be seasoned members, others are fairly new. The Elders of this site recognize that. We always want to be challenged.
    Please welcome Kyflintguy (Josh) AND ONE OF OUR NEW MENTORS, AS MEMBER OF THE MONTH OF FEBRUARY.
        I was born in rural southeast Kentucky.  My father was a carpenter by trade. His father was a coal miner and my mother's father was a coal miner, and their father's before them...
           My childhood was at times turbulent, but my mother was a solid anchor in my life. She was a devout Christian, so I spent many years on a church pew. I had a very simplistic yet happy childhood.  A large portion of which was spent without a T.V, therefore I read lots of books.  Anything I could get my hands on, but my favorite was my mom's American history textbook.  I always enjoyed trying to understand what life was like for people in the past.
         As a child growing up in the mountains of eastern Ky, I spent a lot of time roaming and exploring the woods.  Always wondering what was over the next hill, this often led to "tail dustings" as I didn't ever want to go home (when I was supposed to). My grandparents contributed to my enthusiasm for the outdoors.  They taught me the things they knew about living off the land.
         The transition to having a fascination with Native Americans came natural to me.
    My dad's father has a pretty decent size collection, and every time I visited he would give me an arrowhead. I would play with them and along the way surely lost a few...
       Years later I was reminded of my old arrowheads at home when I accidentally found one while deer hunting.  A lightbulb popped on at that moment and I realized that I wasn't the first hunter to step foot here. So I went home and drug out those arrowheads and began to research....Here I am today, twelve years later, and I'm still searching.
        To me, trying to understand those who came before me isn't just a hobby, its a life-long pursuit of knowledge and understanding. The artifacts that I own, link me with the hunter who came before me. The hunter who grew up on the same ground that I did, learned the same lessons I did and lived off the same land I have. So in this way I feel a kinship with, and will continue to learn about, the hunter/ gatherers who roamed this land before me.
           I now reside in Oak Ridge TN, were I work as a Interior/ exterior Remodeler. This is a photo of me and my family that I love very much!
         I'm very glad to have found this group of people who all share a passion for understanding and learning about the past. This is an awesome place to hang out and I'm honored to be a part of it. Thanks!           
                        Josh (kyflintguy)

Look to the ground for it holds the past!

B) congrats Josh!
    call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

Glad to see another good ol' boy from the Bluegrass State chosen Josh - Nice looking family!
      If the women don\'t find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Comment

To a great guy who welcomed this gal from over the mountains the very first week. You've been a friend -and- an advisor. Congrats, Josh!
        Child of the tides

Comment

Hey Josh, Congrats on Member of the Month Nice family picture man.
          Michigan Yooper
          If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Congrats Josh! 
            http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Congratulations Josh and well deserved. Beautiful family too!
              Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

Congratulations Josh nice looking family picture there man. When I first looked at it I thought you were a magician. The table top blend with the backgroud so well on your side of the picture I was like where are his legs? Thanks for all you do man It is a pleasure having you on site.
                TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Congratulations Kyflitguy, nice introduction, Keep searching and enjoy the whole journey!

Comment

Josh, congratulations and very glad you decided to stop in here and stick around. You are without a doubt an asset to all of us here.
                    Great pic of the family and do you have the little guy looking for artifacts too?
                    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Josh, I wish to add my congratulations to the others that have posted. Although I'm new to the forum I am coming to "know" many of the frequent posters. Your contributions are always interesting and the depth of knowledge you have gained in a relatively short time is impressive. I do enjoy your posts very much. You have a beautiful family. You also write well and your bio tells us much about your depth of character. Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Good luck in your hunting and may all your finds be G-10's!

Comment

Well deserved Josh, always enjoy your feedback and comments on all the post members make. Good luck and happy hunting,
                        Clay

Comment

Congrats Josh, you could never loose that boy in a crowd they would know who he belongs to. Great family pic and bio. hope you stick around. Happy huntin !
                          east Tx.

Comment

Congratulations Josh.
                            South Dakota

Comment

Congratulations man. Always like to read your opinions on things. You seem to be very smart.

Comment

Working...
                              X