Member of the Month of March Lukecreekwalker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Member of the Month of March Lukecreekwalker

WE all have a story about life. Some with humor and some that just strikes a cord.  We all on this site work through the internet and hide behind a screen that we can revel as much as we want. Our main thought on this site is to understand the past, just sometimes we have lived the past. Sometimes we discover it, and other times we seek it out. Our next Member of the Month seems to have done all of this at an early age. He is fairly new to the site but has gained the attention of the membership.  He asks questions and wants to learn, those are traits that I admire.
    Please welcome our next Member of the Month Michael (Lukecreekwalker)
      Well my actual name is not Luke.  I just chose it because it was a catchy username to me.  My name is Michael Pecka, I'm 27, and I was born and raised in West Virginia.  My dad met my mom in South Korea while he was in the military and ended up taking her with him when he came back to the states.  I was the dark haired different looking kid in small town WV. 
    I grew up pretty poor and I can remember my Mom having yard sales to buy my older brother and I school clothes and she always did anything she could for us.  I was always pretty smart in school and hated math and loved science (which later I realized required math). I've been fascinated with rocks for as long as I can remember and would spend many hours as a child looking through the gravel for fossils.   I played basketball and ran cross country in high school until I had to get a job (McDonalds)  so I could get a car my senior year.  I then went to WVU and graduated with honors and an Accounting degree.  Go figure.  I still hate math. If I could go back I would get a Geology degree. 
    My Mom was diagnosed with ovarian cancer my freshmen year at college and passed away during the Christmas break of my senior year  She is without a doubt the reason I am who I am today.  There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about her or try to make her proud. 
    I work for a Natural Gas company as a Revenue Accountant in Charleston, WV and thats where I met my wife.  She is a Land Analyst for the same company.  At a work Christmas party she came up and asked me to dance and we got married last April.  She lets me go hunting on the weekends so I will keep her around.  I am sure we will do the whole house and kid thing in a couple years but I'm not ready yet.
    Arrowhead hunting and working out are my only 2 hobbies.  That whole work thing gets in my way a lot and I wish I didn't have to go haha.   This hobby started out as just some casual interest but has quickly turned into an obsession.  I love the challenge of it.  I also love the solitude of being in the woods and not hearing or seeing anyone.  I love the rush you get when you see that point on the ground waiting on you.  I also love being able to share what I find with you guys. 
    Thank each and every one of you for your comments and photos  I love getting on here and reading or learning something new.  Always like seeing what others are finding as well.  Gets me pumped up to go out there and find something too.
    May the points be with you.   Lukecreekwalker

Oh my bad he went back to the future.

Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Congratulations.

Comment

Congratulations on MOTM Luke! I enjoy your enthusiasm for this hobby and for learning! Your post are always friendly and welcoming,  and I know if we were neighbors we would be hitting those creeks together all the time! I'm glad you are here and look forward to seeing more of your WV finds in the future B)
      Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

Welcome to the Member of the month club Luke good to have you as part of our forum.
        Hoss
        TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Congrats Luke!
          http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Congrats Luke.
            east Tx.

Comment

congrats Luke, err Michael
              love seeing what you find,cant wait to see your next find
              nice guns by the way,and that pic of you in the bucket is cute
              im sure your mother is very proud of what you have accomplished and what you have become in life

Comment

B) congrats man! glad to have ya around! i hate to break it to you, but you gotta start hittin' them weights more if yer gonna catch up to me! heres a selfy i recently took...
                   :laugh: just kiddin bud! "May the points be with you as well young Jedi"
                call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

Michael it's very refreshing to see a young man like yourself who is both so full of life and also so humble.
                  Congrats on the recognition for all you do here.
                  Bruce
                  In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

Well deserved Michael. It's always good to see a new member here with enthusiasm and participation like yourself. Really enjoy you being a part of this community.
                    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

I agree....well deserved! Chase should get the keys to the new Corvette in the mail soon  :woohoo:
                      Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

Hey Michael, Congrats Member of the Month. Always enjoy your posts.
                        Michigan Yooper
                        If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Two thumbs up, Michael! You too, Luke
                          Rhode Island

Comment

Can't thank you guys enough for everything. I just hope one day I will be half as knowledgeable as you all. 
                            I have never been a part of a forum before, so I'm sorry if my etiquette is not quite right. I'm sure glad to be apart of this one though!...and Jay I am by no means Arnold Schwarzenegger haha :rolf: .
                              I mainly work out because I am an active person that sits at a desk for 45 hours a week (it sucks).  I'm sure you all that go hunting know that feeling you get when you are done...its a tired feeling but its an "accomplished" sort of tired.  I need that feeling at least 4 days a week or the world will stop turning. Arrowhead hunting is excellent cardio!
                            And No worries on the Luke/Michael thing.  Call me whatever.  I never revealed my true name so I can go by either.  Again thank you all.
                            Montani Semper Liberi

Comment

Michael / Mybad :blush:  :laugh:  :dunno:
                              Cute little "booger" in the bucket! :laugh:
                              http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Working...
                              X