Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

member of the month of April (2ndoldman)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• member of the month of April (2ndoldman)

0I met Bruce (2ndoldman) A little less than a year ago on another Forum, which he is a Moderator. http://www.canadianmetaldetecting.com/phpBB3/index.php
    It was one of those times where you connect to a soul that you just see as special. I first went on that site doing research on trade items. I stayed for the artifacts category. Bruce was instrumental in asking questions, like pulling teeth out of what I know from what I have sat down and learned from experience. Very soon I knew I had a friend. I have never met him in person. He has been an addition to our category on Metal Detecting as the Moderator. We all share the same interest of the past, what was lost and more so what we find. We do it in many different ways and some bridge or combine many hobby’s. When I see a new member that wants to learn about a different past, that is what makes our hobby great. But for me learning a new hobby from our past is special. 
    Please welcome 2ndoldman as our Member of the Month of April.
    Hello all, My name is Bruce D. Campbell I live in Victoria BC on Vancouver Island and I am primarily a metal head (metal detectorist) but stone has definitely been creeping into my list of absolutely must haves.
    I started detecting in June of 2013 as a way to get off the couch. You see I retired from the rat race in February of 2013 and was getting fat and lazy so I needed something to keep me busy.
    Ever since then I am having the time of my life and wouldn’t change my choices for anything at all. If anyone here has any questions about metal detecting please feel free to ask and I will help wherever I can.

Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Congratulations Bruce. Always enjoy seeing what you've found. I stopped MD'ing years ago when machines were really basic. What you're turning up tempts me to consider whether I should get something new-fangled and start swinging the coils again.
    I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Comment

Congrat's Bruce! You bag that metal pretty good, great post's also. 
      http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Congrats Bruce. I always enjoy checking out your finds. You find a lot of interesting old items. And hey, High 5 on removing the trash too. In geocaching we have a popular saying "Cache in--Trash out". You add a lot to the forum Bruce. The honor is well deserved.
        Michigan Yooper
        If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Congratulations on being selected member of the month. Well deserved, however Hockey is still an American sport ...........just saying !

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2 (16) [replaced].jpg
Views:	61
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	206782

Comment

Congratulations Bruce very well deserved my friend. Glad you became part of our forum. One of my favorite posts you made was the pipe tomahawk. Artifacts like that you do not see every day. It being a personal find is really special.
            TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Congrads! Wishing lots of success MDtecting!  Thanks for all the information you add to the forum!
              http://www.ravensrelics.com/

Comment

Two thumbs up, Bruce! Well deserved for all you bring to our group here
                Rhode Island

Comment

Congratulations Bruce, I'm glad you stopped in and decided to stay.
                  Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Way to go Bruce!  Well deserved! You've brought a new dimension to our forum that fits in well with all of our passion for understanding the past and looking back in time! Thanks for all your great post and contributions to this site
                    Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

Well desereved Bruce you amaze me with all your finds.
                      east Tx.

Comment

Congratulations Bruce.  You are well deserving of this honor.     Gary
                        South Dakota

Comment

B) right on man! congrats! (i still cant get over the tomahawk either!  )
                          call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

Hi,
                            In my very short time here as a newbie, I have been positively entertained by Bruce's posts, pics
                            ( befores and afters), and commentary as to how it all went down. Great finesse in putting post together, and I can tell he's  genuinely passionate at what he does.  Well done, keep up the great work. Heh Bruce, is any of those rings for sale? I see at least three that I would love to wear....
                            YOU GO RIGHT, I GO LEFT- AND I REAP THE BENEFITS!!

Comment

I am truly honored to be picked to be this years April's fool, because I am a fool for detecting and playing in the dirt. :woohoo:
                              I don't have the proper words to be able to fully express the pride I feel for being accepted into this fine community of like minded individuals.
                              My passion for metal detecting is recent as I have said but it has given me a whole new lease on life, both physically and mentally.
                              One day I truly hope to also share your passion for lithics and not just be the poor cousin here.
                              Myrna I have never sold any of my finds, at the moment they are all in a display case.
                              To everyone here I thank you all.
                              PS Butch,   bite me. :rolf:
                              Bruce
                              In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

Working...
                              X