MOTM for May Sneakygroundbuzzard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOTM for May Sneakygroundbuzzard

Our member of the Month of May, is a Family man, and a true outdoorsman. Living in the land of 10,000 lakes, he is right at home for his hobbies. Hunting Wild Turkeys with a Bow, would earn the name Seakygroundbuzzard. Those who hunt artifacts, and knapp points, have a unique perspective on how ancient broken points happened. One of Our new members, now a Mentor and a Mod of Our Modern Flint Knapping section.
    Please welcome Tim ( sneakygroundbuzzard) as Member of the Month of May!
    Hi everyone
    my name is Tim and i am 49 years old.
    i have been married for nearly 27 years to a very wonderful lady,she is my rock and the reason i am the man i am today.
    we have two great sons,both of whom have served in the US NAVY,but both are back home now.
    i have many hobbies,collecting artifacts is one of my newest ones,and yet one of my most favorites.
    i make self bows,arrows,and i love to flint knapp and have been doing all of these for nearly a  decade now.
    i also do some foraging in the spring time and fall. i make cordage from natural plant fibers,and friction fire.
    i also love riding motorcycle,just bought my self a gold wing this year.
    the screen name that i use is actually the primitive name given to me by the flintknapper tribal elders when i went through the OOGA BOOGA  ceremony and became an official member of the flintknapping clan,also known as the EAR OF THE CORN SOCIETY.
    i am an avid hunter,and spend a lot of my free time each year out in the woods.
    i hunt every thing from wild turkeys,grouse,deer,wolf,coyotes,bobcats and just about everything else we have a season for here in Minnesota. but wild turkey is by far my biggest passion when it comes to hunting,i go out for both our spring and fall season and prefer to hunt them with a bow. but will on occasion take a shotgun.
    i was born and raised in central Minnesota.
    i was raised in a single parent family and have one older brother,never really knew my father when i was growing up,but i am hoping to get to know him this summer.
    i was an auto technician for nearly 25 years,but gave that up and now i drive tractor trailer. driving truck was something  i have wanted to do since i was in high school. however i got married young and we had kids right  away and i didnt want to be away from them as they were growing up and thats why i became an auto tech. real glad i finally made the switch.
    when i am not working or doing my hobbies i spend as much time as i can with my wonderful wife,she is truly my best friend.
    well i think that is enough of boring all of you for now,

Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Congrats Tim, well deserved.
    And that looks nothing like the pic I thought was going to get posted!
    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

LOL Greg to me it looked like someone got their tail feathers ruffled.
      Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

Greg thats a good looking bird but whats that holding it.? LOL just kidding great pic and Congrats well deserved.
        east Tx.

Comment

Congrats Tim.  Glad you are our new member of the month.
          South Dakota

Comment

Congrats Tim! 
            http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

thanks everyone, i am honored
              what were ya'll expecting for a pic?
              i chose this one only because i am actually in it
              im usually behind the camera and not in front of it
              folks that i am associated with,some real good fellas, dont like having pics of us taken     :whistle:

Comment

Congrats Tim you do a lot for this forum.
                For those of you who have not had the pleasure of having one of Tim's points in your hands I must say that they are very well made.  :woohoo:
                Bruce
                In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

congrats...

Comment

Well deserved! Congratulations
                    Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

Hey Tim, Congrats and it is a well deserved honor. I always enjoy reading your posts, seeing your projects, and your artifact finds.
                      Michigan Yooper
                      If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Congrats, Tim. Two thumbs up!
                        Rhode Island

Comment

Congrats, Tim! For those new members who haven't had the pleasure, Tim knaps some awesome hat pins -and- jewelry! Love mine!! Tim, still waiting for those micro points! :kiss:
                          Child of the tides

Comment

Congratulations.

Comment

Congratulation Sneaky I always look forward to your posts. Thanks for being a member here and helping to make this site as great as it is.
                              TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Working...
                              X