Member of the Month for March 2016 OBION

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Member of the Month for March 2016 OBION

I'm happy to announce that our Member of the Month is back in action, and who better to kick off the month of March, but Dylan Bondurant, better known as OBION!
    Please welcome him as our March MOTM.

My name is Dylan Bondurant, known as OBION on the forum (also frequently Onion because of auto correct!). I grew up and live in Union City Tn. I graduated from the University of Tennessee and then spent four VERY long years in the city of Memphis training to be an eye doctor. I now have my own practice in my hometown. I have always felt very blessed for I was raised in a wonderful home, have a awesome family now (wife Courtney, daughter Rylan Ali, and son Bo), have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, and the outdoor opportunities are extremely good here. By no means am I trying to be boastful but it is relatively easy to kill a buck, shoot some ducks, and find a point on the same day here during the winter (for spring plug in turkey and fish).

We have an amazing museum here in town called Discovery Park of America. About three years ago a kid found a cache of 50+ turkeytails in my area and they were put in the Native American section of the museum (which is really nice). After going and viewing them I decided I would try to find a point. What a decision that has become. I hunt about 3-4 x a week now. I use chest waders, kayaks, four wheelers, and lots of walking but I have found some sites that have some good pieces. Having this forum has been invaluable. It motivates and educates me every time I log in. I really wish I could meet everyone of you. Open invitation to all to contact me if you're ever in NW Tn. We can go to the museum, hunt for points or do any outdoor stuff you want.

I'm going to have to let Dylan post the pictures he sent me, as I am having difficulty once again posting pictures. SORRY Dylan, and let me be the first to congratulate you. A job well done.
    Last edited by SDhunter; 02-29-2016, 11:59 PM.
    South Dakota

Dylan this is a well deserved honor. And you can bet the farm that if I am ever in your area you will get a knock on the door.
    Bruce
    In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	rsz_1rsz_ek9a6987-3 (1).jpg
Views:	53
Size:	133.2 KB
ID:	196901

My family. The dog name is Lou and she is a mountain cur. We kill a lot of squirrels with her.
      Last edited by OBION; 03-01-2016, 07:08 AM.

Comment

Here is the cache found very close to me and some of pictures of the museum in my town that motivated me 3 years ago. Click image for larger version

Name:	dpa3.png
Views:	62
Size:	95.3 KB
ID:	196903

Name:	dpa2.png
Views:	52
Size:	83.4 KB
ID:	196904

Name:	dpa1.png
Views:	56
Size:	125.3 KB
ID:	196905

Here is a picture of some of my points

Name:	IMG_2731.JPG
Views:	188
Size:	158.9 KB
ID:	196906

Thanks for doing this Gary and thanks again to everyone on the forum that has allowed me to learn so much.
        Last edited by OBION; 03-01-2016, 07:16 AM.

Comment

Congrats Obion, and Thank's for sharing everything with us.
          http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Congrats Dylan, You have been a real asset to Arrowheads.com. Thanks.
            Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Congrats man.you have a very good looking family there.lol now I understand the sun glasses.hope your arrowhead luck runs crazy for you this year.

Comment

Hey Dylan, Congrats and the honor is well deserved. I always enjoy your posts. Thanks for the pictures: You have a beautiful family and certainly live in a great location.
                Michigan Yooper
                If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Well deserved honor, Congrats man.
                  east Tx.

Comment

A well deserved congrats! Great looking family and points. Will definitely let you know next time I'm out that way. Keep up the good hunt.

Comment

Congratulations man. I'd like to get down to your part of Tennessee someday. Good looking family.

Comment

Congratz well deserved!
                        Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

Congratulations on the award dude! I always enjoy seeing your finds!

Comment

Congratulations and lovely family! That museum looks really nice... good to have such a place to motivate you to get out and build your own collection!

Comment

Congrats, good looking crew. I went to the museum bout a year ago, very nice. I would love to go back. Was first in line when it opened and they locked the doors behind us. Enjoy seeing your posts. Congrats again

Comment

Working...
                              X