MOTM for October 2020. Artifascination

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOTM for October 2020. Artifascination

Good day to everyone. I’m happy to introduce another great member that has contributed to our forum. It takes dedication and lots of time to make the impact Ryan has. We are so fortunate to have members like this, so that we may all learn more about our hobby. Thank you Ryan for all your help! Please welcome
    Artifascination As our newest MOTM!

Hello everyone we are honored to have been selected as the members of the month. My name is Ryan and my girlfriends name is Ashley Ann. She was born here in Lake Village Arkansas in 1983 and was on the fire/rescue team and and an officer on a police department in Ashley county. She was studying to become a Crime Scene Investigator but changed her path and now she is self employed in jewelry. I am in partnership with my parents on our industrial electric motor repair shop in Greenville Mississippi. Been working with my dad there since I was 15. I was born in Crossett Arkansas (Ashley county) in 1979 where I went to school until jr high. I then attended a few other high schools in other places where I played sports before returning back to Crossett to graduate. After school I was usually at the race track or working on something to make it faster than it should be. (I raced 4 wheelers, jet skis, side by sides, motorcycles, trucks, and cars or anything else that I could get my hands on lol.) I now live in Lake Village Arkansas well sort of... We actually live in the middle of some fields that are just minutes north of Louisiana and just minutes west of Mississippi but it’s considered Lake Village in Chicot county southeast Arkansas. Our house is located in the area that Hernando DeSoto called Guachoya. Ironically The myth is that DeSoto is buried just north of here in the waters of Lake Chicot around my parents house. There were several civil war battles in this area also so there are several different types of artifacts to hunt for around here. We are also mineral and gemstone collectors. I have been interested in numismatics every since I was in grade school. Morgan silver dollars are one of my favorite types but I collect some of the other silver and gold coins from shipwrecks and BC dated (Greek). My main fascination and passion is for Native American artifacts though. Ashley and I have walked many of miles together now and have found quite a few interesting rocks to say the least. We enjoy reading about and visiting different ancient sites. I also collect some from the mailbox especially when it’s pieces that we cannot personally find and some have such interesting history and beliefs behind them. This is a great place to learn and we appreciate the effort that goes into this site that keeps everything straight forward with knowledge on artifacts. Lots of good folks here that enjoy sharing their treasures and stories. This is a great authentic family friendly site. Glad to be a member here and look forward to sharing and learning more with everyone. God Bless everyone and be safe out there. Ryan & Ashley aka Artifascination

Click image for larger version  Name:	30E93BBD-439B-46FA-9BC4-3ECFEBB79E79.jpeg Views:	244 Size:	109.5 KB ID:	493983
    Last edited by SDhunter; 02-04-2021, 04:46 PM.
    South Dakota

Congratulations to the two of you and happy hunting
    South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

Congrats artifascination and Ashley.... always like
    your posts... never know what’s coming next....
    keep on the hunt guys......✌️
    Southeastern Minnesota’s driftless area

Comment

Well done and congrats Ryan (and Ashley). Really enjoy reading your posts and replies. Keep up the good work!
    Near the PA/Ohio state line

Comment

Wait !What ? So I’m thinking Ashley should be MOTM ! Is she not investigating the turn rows and putting the artifact gems under arrest ? So, I’m saying congrats to both ! Good looking couple !
    Lubbock County Tx

Comment

• Artifascination
      Artifascination commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks JJ! She does find more than I do but in my defense I have been working a LOT lately... well she still finds more than me even when I am trying my best. Quick example...I was driving about as fast as my truck will go in reverse on top of a levee. She hollers stop the truck! I thought she was worried as I come to an abrupt stop. She hopped out and run off into the bean field and next thing I know she is dancing her way back holding up a little Adena point. My point is I am at a disadvantage hunting around her lol! I guess that’s why her grandmother always called her eagle eye.

• Lindenmeier-Man
      Lindenmeier-Man commented
      Editing a comment
      No Sir, it’s not her fault ! Women are better artifact hunters than men... !

Congrats, Guys!!
    Professor Shellman
    Tampa Bay

Comment

• Artifascination
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Tom! That monkey cracks me up lol!

Good going, congrats
    NW Georgia,

Comment

Congratulations on your selection. It's good for our forum that you are able to be part of our family. Happy hunting.

Comment

That was the best explanation of where a member is from and going to that I have seen. Congrats to the two of you.
    Bruce
    In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

• Artifascination
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Mr.Bruce! I got excited and possibly rambled on a bit. Only thing that I left out was exact latitude and longitude lol!

• 2ndoldman
      2ndoldman commented
      Editing a comment
      I bet there would have been a few here who would have taken notice of the coordinates.

I’m deeply touched, don’t know why, oh yeah, you guys are the spittin image of miss June and I in our heyday ( whatever that means ), Lol....Congrats, good for you, now get out there and kick butt before those snowflakes hit them points, ..P.S.:, Get him off the couch and in the corn Ashley ( our Grandaughters name ).
    Floridaboy.

Comment

• Artifascination
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Hal! I’m usually working while she gets to hunt. Thankfully it rarely snows in these parts. I will migrate over your way if it starts now but supposedly global warming will eliminate the dreaded cold lol!

Congrats to the Dream Team ! I enjoy your posts and knowledge .. keep on kicking that dirt!
    SW Connecticut

Comment

• Artifascination
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Redrocks! We will definitely keep kicking the dirt up!

Well deserved you two and thanks for being here and sharing with us.
    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

• Artifascination
      Editing a comment
      Thank you Greg! Much appreciated!

Congratulations Ryan and Ashley, well deserved, always look forward to your post and finds.
    🐜 🎤 SW Georgia

Comment

Congrats Ryan and Ashley. With your shared interests I can see more congrats in your future
    Michigan Yooper
    If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Congrats Ryan and Ashley.
      Wyoming

Comment

Working...
      X