No announcement yet.

We could use some prayers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RAIN! somebody must have done a rain dance but its poured all night here in Oak Ridge... This is the kinda rain we've needed but I hope no one gets washed away in flash floods.
    Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

Amazing photos from aftermath of firestorm. Woods are not totally scorched but cabins are obliterated! Must be built of highly combustible materials!
      Child of the tides

Comment

Had some good rain last night. Prayers that it helps put this behind us.
        TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

This is where my Brother and Sis ter in law used to work. They have been there 10 years. Click image for larger version

Name:	wy2.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	233176 Click image for larger version

Name:	wy1.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	233177 It is the main lodge at Westgate near the entrance to the city of Gatlinburg. This was the place to check in and out of the resort a hundred cabins right behind here are gone too. Just sad to see this. My Brother in law is going to a meeting today. He will find out if and when the rebuild will happen. No word on Park Vista yet. It had smoke damage is all we know so far.
          TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Raining hard here right now Praise the lord for this rain!

Comment

The Park Vista is where my wife works. People were trapped inside is on Monday night. The Park Vista is 15 stories tall and there is a steep driveway to get up to it. It is at the peak of a mountain. The drive has a steep drop off on one side and steep mountain n the other. The trees on the high side burned and fell across the driveway making it impossible to leave. The Doors are on rollers to the place. The wheels melted from the heat outside and the doors came unhinged while open. This allowed smoke to fill the hotel. The windows at the swimming pool area also had blown out bringing in more smoke. Kim was already home and safe but her co-workers and some guests were trapped there from 6PM Monday until 130 am Tuesday morning. It is amazing that there was only three deaths so far. over 14,000 evacuated from Gatlinburg and more evacuated from nearby Pigeon Forge. Somany have lost their homes in this. Counting our blessings here. This was very close to us.

Comment

A couple of videos pertaining to the Park Vista. [YT]W1enWie239o[/YT] In this second video Adam a Sous Chef filmed the fire right outside the doors. This is the area where Kim works every morning. SO glad she was not working that evening. [YT]MPRnSz_W5vA[/YT]
                Last edited by Hoss; 11-30-2016, 01:04 PM.

Comment

Glad you all are safe. Hope the rain continues.

Comment

Wow that's Scary! The video of the two guys driving off the mountain is pretty wild also. Worth going and watching. From my own personal experience of being evacuated in the middle of the night by firemen due to an approaching forest fire as a child, its scary as hell. Not only do you see it, smell it and feel the heat, you can also hear it.... And people think well "ah its not so fast you can't get away" , wrong! Its as fast as the wind blows it. Truly an apocalyptic scene that videos and TV have a hard time doing justice. Its truly a miracle that many more people were not hurt or killed in those fires... Im still wondering how everyone got out. I know what its like to sit for hours in traffic there between GB/PF on a busy day....
                    Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

Hoss I will hope all is good for you
                      Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

Can't imagine what that has been like for so many there. It is amazing so few were hurt by this. Prayers are with you all.
                        Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

I'm thankful for the rain that stopped this before more damage was done. Sad that any of it happened though.
                          South Dakota

Comment

Fires are still burning. They have begun house to house searches. There are only four known fatalities it could grow. Over three hundred buildings have been destroyed. Four of Kim's coworkers lost everything. They lived in one of the apartment buildings that was destroyed. They pretty much made it outwith the clothes on their backs. I told her I have some old clothes I could give but she said they are all a lot smaller than me. I said we could make tents then.

Comment

My heart goes out to the gentleman & his son still searching for his wife/mother & two sisters. He left them behind in their cabin to reconnoiter their evacuation route & then couldn't get back because of the speed of the fire. I fear the worst.
                              Child of the tides

Comment

Matt glad to hear your home survived, sad to hear of loss of jobs and others property.
                                South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

Working...
                                X