Dogs, Again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dogs, Again!

When I was a kid, couldn’t have pets, coz moved so much thru military (I did have a praying mantis and a horny-toad in Texas). When grew up, got as many as could afford, including Lenny. Big, raw-boned, pit-bull mix puppy, my Lenny.

Lenny grew into his bones. He was my companion for many years. Recently, I suffered what all animal-lovers suffer when their friend goes on without them. Lenny and I went to see his “Dr. Sour” and he laid out on the floor as soon as we got in front door her office. We were in lobby, but I lay down with him, and Dr Sour came out, and lay down too. I didn’t have the pleasure of Lenny’s company except a coupla weeks more, but it sure was a privilege to lay on the floor with him and Dr Sour that day.
    Last edited by Cecilia; 08-11-2019, 02:26 AM.
    Digging in GA, ‘bout a mile from the Savannah River

Sorry to hear about your four legged family member. Sounds like you have a lot of fond memories with Lenny.
    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

I feel your sorrow Cecilia. We recently had to do the same with our beloved family dog. She was with us for 15 years. Sorry for your loss they are family...
      The chase is better than the catch...
      I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

I lost my little buddy Sophie two months ago. She was 16 years old.. I’m hurting and I feel empty. JJ
        Lubbock County Tx

Comment

• Cecilia
          Cecilia commented
          Editing a comment
          Sophie’s a doll! I’m so sorry your heart feels empty. I understand it, unfortunately too well. Please don’t be offended when I offer a suggestion: get a puppy! No dog can replace Sophie, but I’m always surprised at our hearts’ capacity to feel new and different love...

• Lindenmeier-Man
          Lindenmeier-Man commented
          Editing a comment
          I’m to old now, the worst thing to happen to a pet is if the pets chosen one passes before them...

Yep losing a pet is the worst . My last one was a 15 year old .
        people don’t get it .
        like a child in high school . Thats a lot of love you don’t even get from most family members
        Just saying .
        I feel your pain ... but lucky you knew the joy is how I feel now it’s been 3 years .

Comment

• Cecilia
          Cecilia commented
          Editing a comment
          I started looking at this site some time back when Bucephalus (“BC”) died. He was the finest horse I ever knew, and I felt honored just to be w/ him. We’d spend hours & hours & hours in the woods, regularly over 20 yrs., and he got so used to what I did, he’d actually help me dig! I probably was only person who tied a vegetable colander to their saddle.

Lenny The Dog also helped me dig, and when he died, I had to join the site. So, outta pain, comes learning!

(I don’t dig w/ shovel, and property all owned by me and/or my friends)
          Last edited by Cecilia; 08-12-2019, 03:00 PM.

• Lindenmeier-Man
          Lindenmeier-Man commented
          Editing a comment
          I like that story C
      Working...
      X