Thinking of y’all in the South

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking of y’all in the South

Well if it wasn’t bad enough Easter Sunday with the outbreak of record tornadoes and rain it’s back .
    My thoughts go out to all of you as I watched NOAA today .
    flash flood and tornados again . Check in your ok .
    I got a pic of the deer not wanting to cross the creek and hope your doing better .
    Share your pics and stories of it helps .
    I pray everyone is fine ...

Very dry in Tampa Florida, ponds dried up,but this is our normal dry spell just before hurricane season...we’ll get it then, for sure ! So far don’t have the big V bad around here, was at Publix today , and they had paper towels..I was going down the isle and some guy blocked me and said hay buddy, didn’t you see the arrow on the floor?...I was in a fog for a minute ( there was only the two of us ), I said , could you show me your badge?, ( I mean REALLY! ), but that’s what you ask for if you’re pulled Overton going the wrong way on a one way street , ..He mumbled , smart a_ _ s o b and wandered away, I guess he was proud of himself for making a citizens arrest...ignorance of the law is no excuse, but I really didn’t know I was going down a one way street.lol...sorry I got carried away there.lol...thanks for the post Tam....ps: can we at least get to see the deer?
    Floridaboy.

Comment

• sailorjoe
      sailorjoe commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow! One way isles in Tampa. Must be a particular way the market wanted to handle the situation. And sometimes public spirited citizens just get carried away a bit and don't apply common sense.I don't think your governor or mayor is that picky. It wouldn't be a Publix would it, by chance? I live in Al just across Perdido Bay and often shop in the Pensacola area cause FL does not tax groceries and AL has a 10% sales tax. I haven't seen any one way isles but I never shop at Publix either. A unique thing on a shopping trip in these plague times happened to me last week. I was shopping at my favorite FL liquor store and I squealed on another shopper. Yes, I ratted on someone. The store which is not big has very narrow isles and inventory stacked around. The front door had a sign that says only two customers at a time. I walked in behind a woman and when I noticed the store manager I chatted with the manager because she recognizes me as a regular. When I said, I'd better hurry cause someone else might be waiting, she said, No that's OK since you're the only one. I said I just walked in behind a woman. The shelves are so high you can't see other people in the store so she took off to see who else was in the store to hustle her along as a line was starting to form outside. I asked the manager if the limit was store owner policy. She said no, she was using her own common sense to keep she, her staff and her customers safe.

• Benji
      Benji commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey harold....i have heard of one lane walmarts here in tn...the idea is that people do not pass by each other but the walmart i go to isnt set up that way...its a free for all at mine....and paper towels are somewhat easy to find...its toilet paper that is hit or miss

• Cecilia
      Cecilia commented
      Editing a comment
      Love it: may I see your badge? I woulda said same, but you prob’ly didn’t have the pettiest smile, huh?!

Sunny today but the last 2 weren't. Every thing is flooded again but hey maybe this time the gravel will flip the right direction cause the last time it hid everything. More rain coming though.
    NW Georgia,

Comment

We had tornado warnings for the last two Sunday nights in my area but got lucky and barely got much rain only with some real gusty wind and relatively moderate thunderstorms.
      Last edited by sailorjoe; 04-20-2020, 10:14 AM.

Comment

• Benji
        Benji commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow sailorjoe you're not too far from my parents....when i visit them i fly into pensacola...they are out in grand bay area....last time i was in town....dad and i went out to the river towards atmore...i cant remember name of that river though

Got a photo early of the deer not wanting to cross . It shows the day before .
      Now look at the auto at 7am. The water is in back of that giant short pine .

Comment

Comment

Early you can see the deer didn’t even want to cross .
          Now all of that is underwater in the top photo . It goes down in about 48 hours .
          I have
          seen this before ..

Comment

Had enough shingles blow off our roof that it is going to be replaced now, as well as our garage roof. We're still taking care of fallen trees and what not, but turkey season is here, and that should provide some relaxation.
            "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

Good attitude , can’t wait to see your success pics

Comment

Hey tam....nw tn here.....light rain yesterday...but sunny and birds chirping outside today.....looks like more rain towards the end of the week but i dont believe they are calling for severe weather....thanks for checking in.
                Benny / Western Highland Rim / Tennessee

Comment

Hey Tam. It was just heavy rain here last night. It was horrible here Easter Sunday night into Monday morning. I think we had 5 tornados in SC during that weather event. All my fields were freshly plowed Sunday afternoon so hoping it dries enough to hunt tomorrow😁
                  South Carolina

Comment

Something always good comes out of a bad situation . Mostly learning but I think everyone is going to find some points .

Comment

Tam, we (Ga, ‘bout mile from Savannah River) have had fairly short, loud, wild-winded thunder storms every third day or so, but that’s regular spring here. And, tomorrow, more tornado and hail watches (we’ll see...) !

In between, kids (all grown up and here now from Arizona) been fishing big pond every day while quarantined. Weather makes for lotsa bites. Can tell you, bass, bream, catfish not so good on smoker as in deep-frier. Since Ollie Dog died, daughter brought home baby animal as usual, to sooth damaged mama. This time, lil’ baby chicks!
                      Last edited by Cecilia; 04-22-2020, 05:45 PM.
                      Digging in GA, ‘bout a mile from the Savannah River

Comment

Well sure was sunny today but raining tonight and into tomorrow. Sure would be nice if it didn't rain every week just for a little while. Been a rainy year. I bet Hawaii is nice right now.
                        NW Georgia,

Comment

Bad storm this morning I heard the strangest thunder roar lasted for over 2 minutes headed towards Alabama. But since then some strong wind and lots of rain. I'm sure everything is flooded again.
                          NW Georgia,

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
                            SurfaceHunter commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Just looked got some wind damage along the roof edge. I guess it could of been worse but will find out tomorrow when the repair guy comes.
                        Working...
                        X