RIP AC (arrowhead cat)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP AC (arrowhead cat)

This is AC (arrowhead cat) We met around 5 years ago on one of my arrowhead hunts in Dothan, Alabama. I had a hernia surgery about a week prior and I was in a field not too far from where I lived so I wasn't in the best shape (my wife was mad at me for going) and from a distance I kept hearing faint meows. I decided to look around just to see what was going on, making sure to see if it was a injured cat or kitten, but I guess he was a little shy at first. I decided to take a break so I sat under a shaded tree, for a cigarette and a drink of water and he decided to come up close to me; at first he was a little timid and kept his distance. I didn't feel like getting bit and scratched so I just got up and continued, I didn't find any whole points but when I picked up a heartbreaker Hernando I noticed he was following me. I continued walking and he continued following, when I got back to my house he came with me and that was when he was loving, Being the soft heart that I am I petted him, let him sit in my lap and gave him some ham/turkey/bologna and water (which he devoured) and went to buy him a bed. He would rarely come inside, and if he did it would only be for a moment then he would practically ram the door to get back outside. He was walking besides me alot arrowhead hunting and with me when I found a good bit of my recent Alabama finds before we moved.
    When we moved to Columbus, Georgia I didn't think he would come with us, but he rode in the Uhaul truck with me and just sat still (no carrier which amazed me). Anyways, when we got to Columbus he acted the same way, always wanted to be outside. Every time I would go outside he was there just wanting to hang out and be loved on, A week ago he started acting different (loss of appetite, looking spaced out, off balance at times). He was still loving through all this. I was able to examine him and found out that either a stray dog or a Racoon bit him. I thought it was a stray dog because I see some on occasion. Anyways... last night I went out side to smoke and as usual he was coming up too me and half way he collapsed and died about 30 minutes later.
    This was one of the coolest cat's I have ever met, he hung out with me for a little over 5 years. It was cool that he followed me on some of my hunts and he came on his own freewill with us to Columbus; but the coolest thing of all was that I didn't find him, he found me. Thanks to everyone who is a animal lover and who took the time to read this.
    Attached Files
    🐜 🎤 SW Georgia

I know this is a unusual post but I felt in my heart he deserves this and for his story with me be told. This might be strange but I consider him more of a friend than a pet.
    🐜 🎤 SW Georgia

Comment

Sorry for your loss antmike915 it sure is hard to lose a great pet.
      N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Comment

Sweet
        Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Aww sorry man.. sounded like a. Cool cat. Good post
          SW Connecticut

Comment

Sorry for your loss
            TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Sorry for your loss, sounds like an awesome little buddy.
              Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

That's a shame Pets give so much joy but they just don't live long. I've lost 2 dogs in the past 5 years and now my older one is acting differently. Cant settle and is wondering at night through the house. I'm hoping I don't have to go through it again so soon.
                NW Georgia,

Comment

Easy to relate to this , antmike.

I'm sure many of us live with animals who we love as family. Losing one can be as heartbreaking as any loss. When they've lived long and happy lives burying them is simply the final act of care, a major bereavement, but one you can stake in stride. But other times the death is sudden, unexpected and/or violent and the pain one feels is keener and harder to stomach. Either way it's inevitable experience that can affect us deeply.

Coincidently, we lost our favourite cat on the weekend. He was daddy to the clan that have populated these dusty acres. Like AC, he was a very special animal who, in his younger days, would accompany us on hikes and jaunts to the city or beach. We buried him in the yard along side many of his friends and relatives. No trouble admitting I shed some tears.

Reading your post today touched me.

RIP AC

and Fidel.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200524_210049.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	163.1 KB
ID:	456853

California

Comment

So sorry. It's horrible to lose a pet. I know that pain all too well.
                    He sounds like he was an awesome companion.
                    South Carolina

Comment

Sorry you’ve lost your catdog . They are different for sure !
                      Lubbock County Tx

Comment

Thanks everyone for taking the time to read and post, it means a lot.
                        🐜 🎤 SW Georgia

Comment

Sorry for your loss....they certainly become family
                          Southern Connecticut

Comment

I feel your loss as have been there a few times. Nothing left but loving memories and photos. So sorry.
                            SE IA

Comment

To love an animal is to suffer heartbreak. I am sorry.
                              Digging in GA, ‘bout a mile from the Savannah River

Comment

Working...
                              X