update on my health :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• update on my health :)

I had a doctor's appointment on Monday. The doctor walks in and says after two yrs of you being one this medicine it's all over no more. The medicine is harsh and kept me from producing testosterone. The testosterone is what fed the cancer in and on my prostate. The medicine had a big effect on my mental state. I had promised Tammy I'd do the full two yrs. There were times she said you need to get off the medicine cause your quality of life is really not good at all. Even a couple of months ago I wrote doctor to ask if I could stop taking it.
    He convinced me to stay on for the full two yrs.
    I want to thank everyone on this site for all the good you sent my way, it really helped.
    I go back every six months for blood work. I asked if I could do three months as to catch anything sooner. I'll see if the insurance has anything to say about that. I figured three months they could catch something rather than waiting six months.
    When the doctor gave me the news I just started crying. Even shedding a few tears as I type this.
    Thank you all again
    Rick
    Missouri

Hey Rick, I hope your life gets much better now that the meds have done their work. My Brother is going through the same thing right now. He gets labs every 3 months and sees the doctor every 6 months.
    Michigan Yooper
    If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Good News That's what we like to hear...it's amazing what they can do with this modern medicine ... Happy for you your life get better day by day.
      Utah

Comment

Good on you
        Wyoming

Comment

Very good news . Now go solved Kim’s contest question .

Comment

That’s good news. Hope each day you start feeling a little more like your old self. Continued prayers and well wishes.
            South Carolina

Comment

Celebrate by going out and finding a nice one. When you are out there, take a deep breath and take a moment to look around at the natural beauty. It's good for the soul.
              Central Ohio

Comment

That is good news Rick my prayers are with you my friend.
                Last edited by Hoss; 01-18-2024, 07:18 AM.
                TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	121.9 KB ID:	716371Ring the bell brother​

Comment

Good for you Rick, may your health continue to improve.
                    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Yay!
                      Digging in GA, ‘bout a mile from the Savannah River

Comment

I’m happy to hear this Rick
                        South Dakota

Comment

I do believe in Prayer Rick. I feel you have been in God's hands. Bless you Brother, another miracle has happened. Kim
                          Knowledge is about how and where to find more Knowledge. Snyder County Pa.

Comment

Keep on fighting brother.
                            looks like you’re Kick’n cancers ass.
                            stay strong and live hard…👍
                            Southeastern Minnesota’s driftless area

Comment

Thank you all. I couldn't have found a better group of people to share the bad and good news.
                              This site had a lot to do with my recovery
                              Missouri

Comment

Working...
                              X