This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flint Ridge Points and Blades

Some more Flint Ridge artifacts for your viewing pleasure. Larger blades , point types, and my avatar, a Flint Ridge cache blade.

One of my favorite materials!! Nice stuff Ryan, thanks fer da peak!!!

Comment

I love translucent pieces!

Comment

I like the ones ya can see through too. :blink:

Comment

Ryan, Those are gorgeous! Love your avatar piece! Can I have it??? :dry: (Just kidding of course...that is unless you just really don't want it.
            jane

Comment

Exactly what I'm lookin for, Ryan! Your post gives me greater hope! I have found a few nice ones, and I know there's more to be found.
            This is my personal best.

Comment

Pam...that a keeper for sure. Awesome point! 
              I think the possibility that somewhere in the very field your looking, could be the most perfect -and- awesome point...possibly one of the rarest ever to be found, it may have a slight dusting of dirt or maybe a leaf is hiding it from your sight. You just never know what the field might give up to you on each hunt, guess that's what makes it so exciting for me!

Comment

Nice job, Ryan. Very nice collection. The cache piece is sweet!
                Would like to ask a couple questions about some of them but I'm trying
                to get out the door for the weekend. Hope y'all have a good one!
                JoeM

Comment

Ryan
                  Is the one you are holding in your hand a North Balde. It looks like it. That is very nice material love that streak looks like a river running through. Pretty, pretty, pretty.
                  Jack

Comment

Did you find those in Va. Ryan?? Interested to see how far the flintridge material was traveled or traded. I find it up here in NE Ohio and I estimate that it is a 4-5 hour drive to the quarry from my location. Guessing a river meeting of some sort. I don't think there is a more beautiful material in the U.S. than flintridge, but that is just my opinion.-Bill

Comment

" I love translucent pieces! "
                      " I like the ones ya can see through too "
                      Me too, this is one of my better translucent pieces made of Flint Ridge chalcedony.

Comment

kyheadhunter wrote:

Ryan, Those are gorgeous! Love your avatar piece! Can I have it??? :dry: (Just kidding of course...that is unless you just really don't want it.
                          jane
                        Sorry Jane, I'm kind of attached to that piece. It is the nicest blade from an Adena cache found near Elyria township in Lorain county, Ohio. X - Olenick. Appreciate the kind words.

Comment

greywolf22 wrote:

Ryan
                          Is the one you are holding in your hand a North Balde. It looks like it. That is very nice material love that streak looks like a river running through. Pretty, pretty, pretty.
                            Thanks, it was part of a cache of Adena blades from Ohio although I agree it looks like a North blade. That streak or lightning line appears to be a dark colored inclusion.
                          Jack

Comment

Piss poor pictures but heres a few, the stemmed piece I think is moss agate? Last one quartz, second last one my wife scammed off me cause its purdy!

Comment

What would you guys call this flintridge point from ohio?..pretty well knowns call it a hopewell...cant see it...whats you think? B)

I would think its closer to a sharpened down still well...could it be a hopewell sharpened down that much?...Jon

Comment

Working...
                              X