Mitochondrial DNA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mitochondrial DNA

I don’t know how any of you would feel about this . But if you goggle The Real Eve - on the discovery channel you can watch this . I bought the CD long ago and it’s heat damaged . It
    talks about our original DNA 150,000. Years ago and branching off . I did not download the link as there are various Utube quality versions you can watch .
    if you do or have tell me how you feel about this . Very interesting how we migrated North and the cause of blue eyes to light skin . Some of our oldest DNA being in Micronesia .
    Not to many people value this channel but it’s a fast way to get the information .
    Last edited by tomclark; 01-10-2018, 09:45 AM.

A person I spoke to this week got results back and had "lineage" traced back to #13 Eve...! I'm thinking about doing one or more of these tests just for the BOOM.
    Professor Shellman
    Tampa Bay

Comment

Fascinating topic. Thanks Tam havnt seen that but I'll watch it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	therealeve-1024x794.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	282.1 KB
ID:	280279
      Location - Eastern Massachu

Comment

Tam - It was an interesting video but all the Youtube videos were very out of focus, at least on my computer. I watched it anyway. Lots of dramatization depicted there. But there are still lots of unknowns about this Out Of Africa theory. I think, for the most part just about everyone subscribes to the initial development of Ancient Man as being rooted in Africa but the spread throughout the world is where the differences are. Several places in the "Eve" video they indicate that there were different species encountered in the same areas, such as Neanderthal and, the no longer used term, Cro-magnon. There are a few different theories about the dispersal of ancient man that are also still being discussed today. As archaeological and genetic research continue and new finds, such as posted in earlier threads by Charlie and Lucas, these theories will be solidified or discarded. It's really interesting to see how all this is theorized then either proven or disproven and becomes scientific fact. The story continues to develope.
        Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

That is quite the journey this video takes us on Tamara.
          I see you point on the video quality. No matter which one I chose to look at they were all a little blurry. http://www.documentarytube.com/videos/the-real-eve
          I got a real chuckle when near the beginning that lady commented about the response one of her family gave to her. "How dare you. You know that grandma wasn't black"
          This sure punches holes in the white supremacist theories.
          Love thy neighbor for they are family.
          Bruce
          In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

It’s really interesting. What did we do before DNA how we have changed . But I think this is just the beginning . Somone is going to discover another marker that will take us to a whole different level .
            I really like the treads on this site .

Comment

I particularly liked the way the scientists explained the skin color in relationship to genetics and geography, relative to skin pigmentation and ultraviolet rays. I've always wondered about that evolutionary process.
              Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

Yes that was an eye opening line for myself and all the teens .
                20 k years to turn white under of course no inter breeding just
                from elements . We did a theory for the teacher . Well I did but my daughter got the grade . Now that we are mostly in a very controlled environment from being in buildings to the temperature in most enclosed buildings being the same , whats going to happen to humans in 10 k years and on . But there is so many mixes now that theory altough was calculated in class for fun is really not relavent .

Comment

Tam - Lucky us cause we won't be here. I envision a deaf society comprised of people with minimal limbs, a slightly larger head, much smaller bodies and no reproductive gear. No schools, universities etc cause everyone will be educated through an osmosis like process directly into the brain. Children, if desired, will be selected from a genetic pool that may or may no be related to the parents. No cars, roads or bridges cause we will teleport everywhere by thought and time travel. No buildings etc cause everything will be underground cause the sun is soooo large a person can't stay above ground very long. Politics probably won't have changed much and human apathy likewise. Then in 10001, the month of February, on the morning of the 5th, the earth's inhabitants and plant life will be consumed by the ever enlarging sun. In 20015, the month of September, on the evening of the 10th, we'll start all over again just like the first time. If you're old enough to remember the 1969 Zager and Evan's hit "In The Year 2525" you'll get my drift. Google it - it's uplifting.

Comment

• awassamog
                    awassamog commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Great oldie

...Your legs got nothin' to do
                    Some machine's doin' that for you...

• Scorpion68
                    Scorpion68 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yea buddy - I remember when that came out cause I had just gotten married and was transferring to Puerto Rico. Great memories. Thanks for commenting.

• awassamog
                    awassamog commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Ha, simpler times for sure, before technology gains at breakneck speed!
                    I was seven years old in a house always filled with music. Older brothers and sisters playing the latest 45rpm singles, Mom had an easy listening station on small radio thru out the day, year after year. Good times, nice memories
                    Last edited by awassamog; 01-12-2018, 11:24 AM.
                Working...
                X