No announcement yet.

Anyone ever watch Expedition Unknown ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone ever watch Expedition Unknown ?

I watch this show on occasion and was wondering what your thought are on this show. He is supposed to be an archaeologist. The show travels to some really cool places and he is an entertaining host. I dont know how much real archaeological info comes from it. Most of it is general but the places they cover are really interesting spots.
    The chase is better than the catch...
    I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

I have heard of it, but I don't have the channel. 10,000 channels we don't want or need, and we don't even have the cool stuff.
    "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

• BabaORiley
      BabaORiley commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah right KP same here. There are about 6 channels that I really watch a lot.

I've watched a lot of those shows. Interesting spots and the guy is interesting, too. Definitely not sure of the true Archaeological content LOLOL.
    Professor Shellman
    Tampa Bay

Comment

Well, he says he is an archaeologist, at least by training. Doesn't he have a couple of shows now? When he first showed up on air, his show covered less controversial topics, and I found him to have a great sense of humor, and to be very entertaining. Here is his Wikipedia entry. I do enjoy his travels, in general, because of the interesting sites he visits. The Wikipedia entry says he has been inducted into The Explorers Club, and he does seem to be willing to try just about anything where risk is concerned. I like the guy, but have not been watching him on a regular basis in awhile. I'll say this. It ain't Ancient Aliens, or the now canceled America Unearthed, shows which, and it's JMO, are definetly filling people's heads with fake history. I think some of his shows are leaning that way at times, but he's just too likable and doesn't take himself too seriously, so that's kind of a saving grace.

Rhode Island

Comment

Yeah it is a very entertaining show just by the places that they visit all over the world. He is a likeable host and seems to be of a humble sort. As far as AA and Unearthed well they had more baloney than Oscar Mayer and some of EU I'm sure is to be taken with a grain of salt as well. I just like the far out places that he goes to...the Machu Picchu footage in the Andes is outstanding.
        The chase is better than the catch...
        I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

I've watched all the episodes, most of them multiple times. It's my goto when I need background noise while cooking. He is a very likeable and entertaining guy and he goes to some really cool places. If I have a gripe it is when he acts as though he is on the verge of solving centuries old mysteries (and he is always on the verge) when he has only spent a few hours working on them. I've also noticed that no matter how many people might be metal detecting, digging, or diving, he is always the one that finds the piece that matters. That's TV I guess.
          Kevin - North/Central Texas

Comment

I pretty much share the same opinion as CMD. I've enjoyed some of his shows somewhat but the amount of archaeology they show varies with the subject under discussion. The hype and phony build up sometimes falls flat as what sometimes discovered is not so much. Some of his subject matter may be new to the general TV viewer but if one already is keeping abreast of certain fields like for example Mayan archaeology then what he "discovers" ain't always all that new to me. But he comes off as likeable and not afraid to tackle almost anything and young enough that he can still do it.

Comment

Working...
            X