Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where is best source for Archeaological news?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is best source for Archeaological news?

Any recommendations?

Physical magazines? Academic journals? Websites? Instagram accounts?

My main interest is Paleo hominid archaeology and anthropology, especially in North America, but also anywhere in the world.

Also, interested in lithic archaeology here in Texas.

The Gault Lab has published a lot.

Comment

Physical magazines? Academic journals? Websites? Instagram accounts? My main interest is Paleo hominid archaeology and anthropology, especially in North America, but also anywhere in the world.

Also, interested in lithic archaeology here in Texas.[/QUOTE]

O my o my o my….. I suppose that would depend upon your definition of “best”….

But regardless definition, why would you wanna limit yourself to single source? Archeology and Anthropology ever changing, and professional field folks as well as the academics always in theoretical debates. We provoke ourselves and each other with big ole collective passionate quest to understand our past! Read, read, read them all …. !

When I’m learning bout new-ish subject, I usually start with simplest shortest stuff, progressively read longer more in-depth stuff, til I’m reading stuff way over my head, sometimes in foreign language —-lol! But, generally by then can get drift, no matter if only following 50% …..

We all here because interested in general subject Paleo hominids.. Now Texas artifacts lil more specific (but not much, huh, GarFish!?). Ancient folk came from faraway for Edwards Plateau chert, lithic choice Paleo to recent knappers. Google that geological phenomenon, gobble it all up….. Bon Appetit !
      Last edited by Cecilia; 07-27-2023, 10:21 PM.
      Digging in GA, ‘bout a mile from the Savannah River

Comment

Geez, I prolly just shoulda said CMD….

(🫡Clovis)
        Digging in GA, ‘bout a mile from the Savannah River

Comment

• Hal Gorges
          Hal Gorges commented
          Editing a comment
          😂😂😂🇺🇸

• CMD
          CMD commented
          Editing a comment
          Lol, I deleted the links I left for him. He offered no feedback, and did not appear interested…..

CMD Your recommendations/links did not go unnoticed. I actually bought a subscription to the link you posted and will be receiving paper copies from TAMU of PaleoJournal and the other Paleo magazine TAMU offers.

Obviously, I am a new member here, but also a new member with a very open mind with high hopes to learn more about our paleo ancestors.

I *did* appreciate your recommendations even though I didn’t give feedback directly to you.

This being said, Thank you CMD for the links you provided on my behalf.

Comment

Working...
        X