Alien weapon' made 3,000 years ago is found in Switzerland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alien weapon' made 3,000 years ago is found in Switzerland

Scientists have made an amazing discovery in Switzerland - a 3,000-year-old weapon made from 'alien metal.' The arrowhead's composition has isotopes that formed in the early solar system.

Cool but their hypothesis about how far it traveled is a bit much. A meteorite could have fallen anywhere near where that was found and made ect

Comment

Originally posted by SGT.Digger View Post
      Cool but their hypothesis about how far it traveled is a bit much. A meteorite could have fallen anywhere near where that was found and made ect
      True, but the evidence is that it must have come from a very large meteorite wth a pre-atmospheric mass of at least two tons. As the article says, there are very few in Europe (that we know of) which meet that criterion with only three that match the composition of the arrowhead.​

Kaalijärv in Estonia would be the nearest. The impact crater is large and dates to around 4,000 years ago +/- 1,000 years but the meteorite arrived as a shower for which I believe the largest recovered piece is 2.25kg (found in 1937). It’s entirely possible that the strewn field for smaller pieces may extend to localities closer than 1,400 miles to where the arrowhead was found.

What a great find.

Last edited by painshill; 08-03-2023, 06:22 AM.
      I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Comment

The Inuit of Greenland also made good use of meteoritic iron….

Danish archaeologists claim early hunters in Greenland broke iron from fragments of a giant meteorite that fell onto the ice sheet 10,000 years ago, helping to kick start their iron age.

Last edited by CMD; 08-03-2023, 07:41 AM.
        Rhode Island

Comment

Working...
        X