cache info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cache info

What determines a cache? If i find the same point type in the same little dig site, but at differnt times and days is that a cache? Or do i have to find them all togathr at once on the same day?

Good question and I don't think there is a hard rule. I consider a cache items that are buried together for a purpose. Just because they weren't found at the same moment doesn't disqualify them from being a cache.
    Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

rmartin wrote:

Good question and I don't think there is a hard rule. I consider a cache items that are buried together for a purpose. Just because they weren't found at the same moment doesn't disqualify them from being a cache.
      I agree with Ray. it is not necessary to find them all at once. but there needs to be some degree of assemblage for the purpose of future use. It would differ in the extent of camp finds that were either lost or discarded. That's my take on it.
      Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

Stored together in an assemblage !  Not random pieces in close proximity !
        archaeologywordsmith.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, archaeologywordsmith.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Comment

I would define a cache as a group of artifacts that are all placed together and stored in one spot. Even if the forces of nature scattered the cache pieces about, I would personally consider it a cache eventhough they were found at different times. When I found my cache all the pieces were found together at the same time.

Comment

Working...
          X