SE Georgia arrowhead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SE Georgia arrowhead

I discovered this in a creek bank in SE Georgia near Wrightsville. Any info as to time period and tribe etc wou dbe appreciated. thanks
    SH

Image not available

Even with the broken base it appears to be a "Pinetree" 8000-5000 B.P.

Comment

I'm not a collector or anything, I just found the arrowhead.  Thx for the input Butch.  BTW, what's "BP" stand for?

Comment

You sure that base is broken?

Comment

Sorry, "before present", Oh, you decided to keep it you are a collector now! Nice find.

Comment

Spano, it's an Abbey point. this point type is found in South Gerogia and Florida. I believe it is a Late Archaic point type

Comment

I see now that it is broken.  I'm impressed by the edges and the point!  Didn't even notice the base.  Still learning. Like to find one myself, Spano!

Comment

Very sweet point with broken base. Nice flaking still very good find. Joe.

Comment

For the attached photos and my querry regrading what type of point and time period I have thus received: South Prong Creek Archaic approx 5000BCE and Pinetree 5000BCE.  Any other guesses as to what this point is and time period?  Any help is appreciated.  thx

Comment

Spano, I believe it is an Abbey point. I think Abbeys are Late Archaic in age (4,000 years old.
                    See Son Anderson's website to confirm.

Comment

Ok very nice Archaic serrated point with broken base come on now play purdy!

Comment

Looks like raw Coastal Plain Chert. Too bad about the base.
                        I'll have to agree with Bill on the Abbey because of the
                        serrations and thickness, but don't think the point is
                        Late Archaic. 5000BC, or maybe a little older, (again
                        because of the serrations), sounds about right to me.
                        JoeM

Comment

Working...
                        X