X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEED HELP IDENTIFYING!!!! PLEASE HELP

http//i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z357/josht1913/100_3528.jpg not found
    http//i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z357/josht1913/100_3528-1.jpg not found

I can't help with I.D., but that's a nice piece. A lot of the members are great with helping, so I'm sure you will have some feedback real soon. It would help to post more pics, the size, and the area or state it was found. Again, nice artifact! Paul

Comment

Welcome to the site. No idea myself Josh, but sweet piece. Some of the folks will chime in and let you know.
      Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

How big and how thick is it and were was it found? Cant really see the flaking in pic. Looks like Adena blade, Pretty material!

Comment

It is 2 1/4 inches long and about 3/8 inch thick, found in Iowa

Comment

here is a different pic

Comment

other side view

Comment

Josh - Glad to see ya got it posted.  Wow. That's some colorful material.  Can't ID it specifically but, like Mark says, it looks like a blade.  Nice artifact. --Chuck
                Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

What do you guys think of maybe a "Burroughs" point? Small to medium lanceolate point with convex sides and a straight to slightly concave base. Early Archaic period? Just throwing it out there but not sure on flaking-Bill

Comment

Holy Cow that's a killer.  Where's it from?  Ground on the base and up the sides of the base??  Personal find?????
                    Professor Shellman
                    Tampa Bay

Comment

let me know what state you found it and i will do my best !

Comment

Working...
                      X