Baseball sized Drilled Stone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baseball sized Drilled Stone?

This artifact is an enigma for sure. For early man  to put forth that kind of effort and give up is odd in my honest opinion! 2ndoldman posted some good points in our thread about drills I decided to move this one over here for comments. My thoughts on Bollas is they were tightly wrapped in hide and the the hid sack was tied to the thong. It would keep the stones from clapping together and scaring off the prey.

TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Youngster playing with dad's tools, snap! Oh @#! $ dad's home, get rid of evidence. Artifact lost. :cheer:
    All jokes aside hoss, that is one very interesting piece, your imagination is the limit on this artifact, very cool!

Comment

That is pretty funny but it very well could be. I see a line in this and I am going to check it out to see if they were making an attempt to cut this? Maybe some kid wanted an atlatl and started by drilling because he had no one to show him. Then when someone cam along and siad make a preform before you drill and  shared knowledge this was abandoned? All I know is it is very cool and has sparked many conversations back at Dad's old  man cave.
      TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Verey nice.
        What are your thoughts on a shaft straightener. looks like itwould fit in hand well. Either way i think its cool

Comment

That is such a rare find Matt, to have a broken drill still inside the drill hole wow. I have seen it before but Thanks for re-posting it. Some times after we have posted an artifact. we forget how many new members have not seen some of the treasures that have been posted in the past.
          Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

I am one of those new members and I am enjoying every post. Thanks for sharing.
            Bruce
            In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

Working...
            X