Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Needing Help Identify Artificial

Hello and thank you for letting me join the forum
    I have a stone artifact that was given to me by my best friend of 25 years. My friend has had this stone for at least 25 years that I have known him. My friend was a antique dealer and come across interesting finds all the time.
    This stone was supposedly a Indian tool but I unpacked it after years of being stored and come to find out I think it is a phalice. Looks like one to me.know anything
    Does anyone know anything about this type of artifact?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have friends tell me that it could be much older than American Indians but not sure.
    Thank you

whats it made outta? looks like steatite(soapstone) can you scratch it with yer fingernail? if not and its a hardstone,maybe a fancy hammerstone?
    call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

Welcome and an interesting introduction! Now I could be all wrong on this, but this is what I see.
      Do you know where it was found? Looks like a water worn stone and not worked to me and the scratch mark at the back end looks fairly recent as in not ancient. If older than American Indians and if from the Americas what culture could it be?
      Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

No actually you cannot scratch it at all so it must be a harder stone.

Comment

I actually could not tell you. This is a mystery to me  B)

Comment

Not sure what it is but definitely cool looking.

Comment

Working...
            X