Been thinking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Been thinking

I have bee looking at this and wondering?...Do you think this might be a unfinished piece? Thing that gets me is the one side is flat even on the drill looking part. Could it have been a unfinished point or maybe a drill that was going to be bigger? :dunno: Give me your thoughts.

I Have Never Met A Rock I Didn\'t Like

looks like a large perforator. wether it is unfinished, or the stone was otherwise useless and they did what they could with what was usable, I dont know. Looks like it would double nicely as a blade or scraper. JMHO. I dont know much about knapping but it looks like the stone might have flaked wrong. :dunno:

Comment

It looks completely finished to me, and I would agree that it's a perforator with a blade element... a multi-tool. I'd bet that if you were working  a piece of leather into something useful then that's exactly the kind of tool you would want.
      I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Comment

Cool find! Like that material,  reminds me of my good ol' Kentucky home! I'd have to agree with Painshill,  good leather working multi tool...Thanks for showing it!
        Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

since I showed it guess I'll show video.....Thanks guys
          Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

I Have Never Met A Rock I Didn\'t Like

Comment

I love it.  It's an unusual piece. Going on the idea that good tool stone has value, consider it a tool for multi use that would likely have been reworked as it wore down or maybe it has been reworked already into this shape.
            New Jersey

Comment

to me it looks like a perferator made from a percussion waste flake
              you can see the shock wave ripples, from the percussion removal,on the back side of that piece
              on the front side you can see a flute like flake that was removed to get rid of the ridge to make it easier to hold

Comment

Working...
              X