5 in 1 tool from yester year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 in 1 tool from yester year?

I tossed this one out many years ago.Today i picked it up and looked at it and seen that the bottom has 4 lil nics in it.The top seem to be broke.i can see where they could of still used it for making arrows.what do yall think?

Looks like a swiss army tool to me! Beautiful material.

Comment

Same hear Larry, I pick up the pieces and leave them on the workbenh for a while. Go back every so often and study them. Some end up in landscaping, some end up in a coofee can with pieces from same site and some I debate "what the heck did they use this for", because you can tell they have been worked.
      Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Larry I agree with you, in the top pic it by your thumb that area looks hafted or thinned to attach to something. The nick above that looks intentional as well to me, as though they would have used it for a spokeshave to take high spots off of arrow shafts. The other sharpened edges in the remaining areas look as though they could have used for a scraper edge or even a knife.
        Though in the collecting community the value of these items are not high, they are the ones I treasure the most, because they reveal the ingenuity of the natives and make you think a little. Nice piece-Bill

Comment

I enjoy the odd tools,the bigger the better. And if i cant find any info on them that makes it even better. If they are not well known by all collectors.Many are fast to tell you its just a rock. lol When you find one or a pile of them, you know your self its a tool. I have so many odd ones that i cant find in books or on line.Thats why i joined this site,i was going to post them a few at a time in hopes that others have them or at lest seen them.That got off to a rocky start lol i think ill just post the ones that cleans up real easy like that one.i spent 4 hrs on one the other day just to clean enough off to show that it was worked by man.Its not warth all that to me.Cant sell them in my state.lol law says we cant even pick points up. If we see more then 2 or 3 in one place we are to call UGA and get them to come pick them up.Thats why mine live with the flowers.

Comment

Working...
          X