The AACA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The AACA

I joined the organization earlier today to gain acceptance in the artifact world and wether it was necessary or not isnt the point. I want to start a topic about the organization, to help me learn about it, and you and get it out in the open. When I logged into the site I didnt know what to do there, feel out of place like its BIG, kind of intimidating but i am sure there are some members here that can help with navigating the site, filling in on whats where.
    Here's a link if you wish to join.
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&u act=8&ved=0CB4QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.theaaca.c om%2F&ei=wae0VL6XOu_bsATK0o
    http://joshinmo.weebly.com

The site is pretty much dead. Can you even get into the forums?
    I'll take a look in the site once in a while, but last few attempts, can't access the forums.There is a lot of good info and posts on the site, if you can access it, worth the time.
    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

The site forum pretty much died off with the popularity of Facebook.  I just posted to the Forum, and it works for me, but if others are having trouble I don't know why. Let me know what your trouble is, Greg.

Comment

Cliff, when i click forums it goes to page saying service unavailable. Below pasted
        The URL that you requested, /aaca/index.php?name=Forums&file=search, is temporarily unavailable.
        We're sorry, but this module has been disabled

Comment

Same as Josh Cliff and if you can get us back in there it would be great
            copied from the forum page:
          Service Unavailable
          The URL that you requested, /aaca/index.php?name=Forums&file=search, is temporarily unavailable.

Comment

You folks would know more about this than me.  A few months ago,  I got in touch with a guy who used to manage the lithic raw material type page for the AACA.  Basically, if I recall correctly, he described the AACA to me as a dead or very nearly dead organization---a great idea that never worked out.  Any truth to that?

Comment

I can't speak as  to the state of the AACA,  maybe Cliff j will address your questions about that ,as he is, from my understanding, the standing President of that association . I do hope the AACA is doing well.  And I believe the goals and ideas of the AACA are just as honorable and needed today as they ever were.
                 Maybe Cliff can help me here,  but I tried to join (multiple times) thru the website. I believe Cliff fixed it and it accepted my application to join,  but I was unable to login thereafter (maybe a password issue). .. so Cliff maybe we can work thru my issue.  Feel free to PM me, or let me know what I need to do in order to resolve my issue,  as I would still like to become an active member.
              Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

There is much more to the organization than a forum or website.

Comment

Cliff, still can't get into the forum there. Any progress?

Comment

I don't know, Greg. I can log on, go to the Forum and post, etc. KyFlintGuy's problem was he forgot his password, but we fixed that problem with him.  What happens when you try to log on?

Comment

CliffJ wrote:

I don't know, Greg. I can log on, go to the Forum and post, etc. KyFlintGuy's problem was he forgot his password, but we fixed that problem with him.  What happens when you try to log on?
                        copied from the forum page:
                      Service Unavailable

Comment

Cliff... I PM'd you with this same information. I tried to sign up too, but it went badly. The website messages were:
                        New User Account Created!
                        New User Account Reserved!
                        Welcome! Your application as a new member is pending. The site administrator will contact you when your application has been processed.
                        Thank you for applying at The AACA!

But then:
                        Member mail: Message could not be sent.
                        Mailer Error: SMTP Error: The following recipients failed: [[[my email address]]]
                        Admin mail: Message could not be sent.
                        Mailer Error: SMTP Error: The following recipients failed: [[[my email address]]]

Nothing has subsequently appeared in my email inbox, so I am not sure what to do next. Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.
                        I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Comment

Cliff has kindly sorted this for me. The site emailing function is currently not working.
                          I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Comment

Still can't get into the forums

Comment

gregszybala wrote:

Still can't get into the forums
                                Me neither... I get a message saying that function has been disabled.

Comment

Working...
                              X