Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any of you suggest a computer cataloging system?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any of you suggest a computer cataloging system?

Do any of you suggest a computer cataloging system to record artifacts?

Can you elaborate a little on what you mean by catalog and I might be able to point you in the direction of some software that works(Me = Computer Geek :laugh: ) for what you need

Comment

Do you recommend any computerized cataloging systems that record: grade, length, type of material, period, provenance, etc. B)

Comment

I do not use this, but I understand it works well:

Comment

Thanks for the info CliffJ.

Comment

Anyone else have any suggestions?

Comment

You can try collectify. It is a very good software but can get very time involved. I guess it depends on how much you say about each item. 

Comment

Hey Jim,
                On this site go to G. Dush blogs (he has several) and he has a blog that covers his computer cataloging system. The nice thing about this system is that it is done on excel which is a common program on most computers. Save you downloading stuff if you have it on your base system. My intention was to do it but have yet to have time to get to it yet. Check it out and see what you think. Bill

Moderator note: blogs are no longer available

Comment

You could make a handy little database using Microsoft Access to do this for you.  Assuming you have Microsoft office, or Open Office (which is free), or Apples office suite.  It has a learning curve if you have never used it, but it would serve the purpose.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I tried the Microsoft Excel program and that works great.

Comment

Here is my cataloging method. Scan with photo program that lets you edit the information you want. Then print out on photo paper and you can create your own coffee table collectors book.

Comment

Glad to hear it worked out for you Jim, I still haven't had time to start mine yet.

Comment

Working...
                        X