Cardboad Box Full

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cardboad Box Full

My hunting buddy that is a pastor came by this morning. He had a box full of artifacts an elderly member of his congregation gave him yesterday. I told him he made me sin because I quietly swore while opening the box and then felt great envy. No pastor should do that to a friend! These all came from my county in NW Tn. I pulled some of the best pieces and snapped a few pics. Hope yall enjoy. (I'm building him a case ASAP to get these safely stored.

Some neat birdies
    Click image for larger version

Name:	4546454.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	185217

A Dalton, Buck Creek, Pinetree, and more...

Name:	575675678.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	185218

Hardstone and flint tools

Name:	452768786.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	143.8 KB
ID:	185219 Click image for larger version

Name:	4165464.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	185220

And this. Brown banded slate. Undrilled gorget? Has talley marks. Looks like someone put a varnish on it? Very neat piece.

Name:	456456.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	185221 Click image for larger version

Name:	454563456.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	185222 Click image for larger version

Name:	454563.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	55.7 KB
ID:	185223

saying 'dammit' is allowed by papal dispensation

Comment

I did, dammit!

Comment

Some really good pieces in there. Your pastor is a lucky man.

Comment

Perhaps you might suggest your place as a safe repository? 😁
          Child of the tides

Comment

Don't feel bad cause I would have sinned too. I would have conked the Pastor over the head and took them.
            \"Of all the things I\'ve lost, I miss my mind the most.\"

Comment

Obion: Yep, yes, oui, si, ya, etc,!! How many ways can one express the positive. Some nice artifacts you are showing us. I particularly like those celts and that one Dalton really turns me on. Dang it all, but I can't help but wonder why one of the preachers parishioners want to give him a gift such as that. I guess I have an evil mind, LOL, but my fertile mind can come up with all kinds of explanations. Thanks for showing. I always like to see your finds even though I can't hunt anymore.

Comment

• OBION
                OBION commented
                Editing a comment
                The pastor makes it known he loves artifacts. The elderly gentleman that gave him the box found them on his farm in the 60's and 70's (back when they plowed deep) and said they were of no use to him and no one was enjoying them. Whether he knew they had value I do not know.

Despite the greed and envy it's always fun to look and touch what others have come across.
              Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

• taxidermist01
                taxidermist01 commented
                Editing a comment
                I agree and I wouldn't have conked him over the head but I would have offered to arm wrestle, draw straws, rock paper scissors.......

• OBION
                OBION commented
                Editing a comment
                It was great to hold such great authentic artifacts, this area in NW TN really has some nice pieces; makes me just want to hunt harder!

• taxidermist01
                taxidermist01 commented
                Editing a comment
                Dylan I hope you can get out and hunt harder and I hope you are rewarded for your efforts.

WOW That's a nice gift. First picture top - right is that a scraper?
              Michigan Yooper
              If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

• OBION
                OBION commented
                Editing a comment
                I wish I had access to these to get better pics. I will after I make him a case. That was a interesting little bugger Ron. I decided it was a little drill, there was no beveled edge. I'll look again though

Ask him to loan them to you, then tell him later that you'd rather owe him, than cheat him out of them

Comment

Working...
              X