found stone with hole

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• found stone with hole

hi new to the site. im a backhoe operator in so cal dug this up and i dont have a clue what it is. help please... thanks scott

Looks like a tube bannerstone? Didnt think they were that far west.

Comment

Hi Scott,
         It could be a large bead like a forelock bead. I don't think there are drilled bannerstones out in CA?? How long is it?

Comment

thanks for the replys...The
        stone is 2 1/4" long.. 1 5/8" high... the hole in the center is 3/4" tapering to about 3/8" in the very center.. there are also wear marks in the hole with a black color

Comment

That is a really cool piece! I like Cliff's suggestion that it's probably a bead, regardless it's an awesome find! Congrats. Looks to be slate? Paul

Comment

[IMG]http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z447/scotte24/DSCN2433.jpg[/IMG
            found this today

Comment

Roller pestle? MAN! KEEP DIGGIN!!!!!! :woohoo:

Comment

Scott, your on a roll , 2 really nice finds. Wonder what your not seeing in those buckets. Bet you shake em out nice and easy.
                Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

I dont think its a bead its too heavy

Comment

If found in the midwest....tube bannerstone. But I dont think they are found in your area? Ive never beads that big either but I also dont know alot about far west artifacts either. I seen you posted it on arrowheadology too, more collectors from your area there.

Comment

thanks for the replys

Comment

Working...
                      X