No announcement yet.

Lake county Indiana rocks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More usual, common, lake county Indiana finds. They’re not always big and beautiful! Lots of Liston chert here. One hopewell made of Harrison county horn stone too.

Comment

Well worn baby that looks like a fish for some reason. I found this in a bare spot in a large grass covered lot while walking to a friends house. It was behind a state police post! Crazy

Comment

Definitely similar finds except the hornstone. Have yet to find nothing but flakes. The last one was used and abused too.
        Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Got their use out of that old white one! That’s for sure! Crazy weird sharpening on that one no breaks maybe just specialized blade, or just very worn! I find Indiana green, horn stone, even coshoctan

Comment

• gregszybala
            gregszybala commented
            Editing a comment
            Wow, no Coshocton here as well and you are finding it 2 counties further west. My one and only Coshocton came from along the Monon river south of Francesville.

I think my site was a huge trade hub. Highest hills in lake county on the edge of what used to be the Kankakee river basin/swamp.

Comment

• gregszybala
            gregszybala commented
            Editing a comment
            Any obsidian?

Great thread . Enjoying the show

Comment

I have found one large obsidian chip and that’s it. I remember thinking what an odd see through black lithic it was at the time.

Comment

I’ve got some other really nice points from the Shelby Indiana area. I bought them from the finder a very old(99) family friend. He’s been picking them up since he was a kid. Very south lake county on this one. Beautiful Hardin bevel
              Attached Files

Comment

Huge side notch from same finder very far south lake coClick image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	415636

Comment

• KyChipStone
                  KyChipStone commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Very nice point...

Big white one4 3/4 inches, Hardin 3”

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	415639 Berrien county Michigan pf

Comment

Dang!
                    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Yeah, the old timers really lucked out! My old friend had framed from floor to ceiling on every inch of wall space in his basement. And bags and boxes filled too. Biggest collection EVER around here. I lucked out and got a few pieces before he sold it all to a local person who buys whole collections. It was all gone quick. He had a 7 inch sugar quartz dove.... I didn’t even try to buy it. It went for a couple grand he said. He sold it all to make sure his wife would be ok when he died.

Comment

Working...
                      X