Are these preforms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are these preforms

So found a cool site has a nice blue n white chert found n nodules anyway they make stuff out of this.problem is nothing is ever whole always broke or used up.i think these are preforms other stuff I have found appears to be Paleo my guess Dalton ish ..any help much appeiciated

And here's another preform found along side it

Comment

Looks like they are to small to be preforms and the lower one is some rough chert, my guess would be there are waste rock from making points and tools
      South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

Combined with your other similar find, looks like typical stuff from right at the rock source where they were breaking up material looking for usable pieces.
        Central Virginia

Comment

Well all that explains why everything is broke or used up.i found only like three or four pieces that are pretty whole.ill post em later.i have two sites I'm working rn one is quartz stuff and the other has this material and some Jasper downhill by the creek. This stuff degrades bad I think due to the iron content

Comment

Hi RC. Not preforms for sure. If I saw the site then that would hep me get an idea as to what it was used for and how these busted pieces of chert fit in. As far as Paleo or Dalton. Unless you have identifiable points or tools then we don't know anything about the site as to cultural period. Show us some whole points or other tools.

Comment

This one you posted looks more like a preform to m
              e Click image for larger version

Name:	wy1.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	66.4 KB
ID:	435704

Comment

if there is one thing that really bothers me it is when a guy posts fakes and claims he found them. Guys like that get banned. The ban is for life. I know who you are. I wont bother going into how I know I just know.. I just had to recollect why I banned you in the first place. So Worldman304 you ban stays in place and if you come back again I will just keep banning you. Buy a book and read it. reflect on your poor judgement that day you posted fakes here. Turn your life around. I do not know why you did what you did but I will not allow you to do it again for two years.
                TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Working...
                  X