Here is one for you guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here is one for you guys

I have long looked at this point as out of place. Found on the Snake river it looks like something out of the mid west. Got a type for me. And what is the material. Really different for here.

Kinda looks like a wore down snyders with like flintridge material Unh Ron?

Comment

OK so where does that material come from? And the type of point what is the area they are found.? Out of all the points we found this one is the only one of this material we ever found. That is why I kept it. Interesting to think that this point may have been traded or carried over a great distance.

Comment

It does look like something from the central states, I have a handful like that.
        Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Looks like a worked down Afton in a way. It is found in Southeastern to Midwestern States.

Comment

Wildhorse, Is the point thin or does it have beveling? Please understand I am a beginner when it comes to point ID, but with that being said let me say....it reminds of a "Jacks Reef Corner Notch", with considerable tip wear, due to it's pentagonal form.
              jane

Comment

Ron if I found that point here in ks. the base type -and- notching would be very common for this area. It looks to be very thick? Not sure about the rock type. Favors brewerton, grand -and- snyders from this area.

Comment

Yes it is thick and solid. Very different than most of our points that are paper thin. I found this guy down on the Snake River by Lyons Ferry. Always figured it was traded a lot to get here. Thanks guys.

Comment

Working...
                X