Game stones ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game stones ?

I have Ben finding small round polished rocks some have Ben flattened in a 50 yard circle along with numerous triangle points pottery and other artifacts I was wondering what they could have Ben to many in one spot to be naturally occurring I think any insite would be awesome !
    New Jersey

New Jersey

Comment

New Jersey

Comment

• Cecilia
        Cecilia commented
        Editing a comment
        Lay those babies out, and take lotsa pics. They are very intriguing!

New Jersey

Comment

That reminds me of a find I made one time in a shell md.. Each clam shell had a piece cut out of the edge, each piece interlocked, about 20 pieces .. I wasn’t paying attention when I pulled em out , and when I had em all together is when I realized that they all formed an interlocking design of some kind, too lat to make sense of it then...I guess what I’m saying is, if you could draw a pic of the layout as you found em it would be great...p.s. 150’, ?, a very interesting post.
        Floridaboy.

Comment

• Cecilia
          Cecilia commented
          Editing a comment
          Hal, post pic of that mosaic you put together, or one of your drawings, if can!

Hey Tee, We would need much better pictures to make an educated guess.
        Michigan Yooper
        If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Where and under what conditions were these found? State, field, creek etc.?
          Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

South Jersey surface finds in a small area of the field
            New Jersey

Comment

Did ya look for use-wear on them? Check the ends and edges all over... Is quartz available locally in your area?
              Professor Shellman
              Tampa Bay

Comment

Yes quarts everywhere we have a material we call cohansey quartsite it's fosilised sea bottom loaded with fossilised oysters I have alot from that material I will be posting pics soon
                New Jersey

Comment

Wow nice . I’m sure that stuff is not naturally occurring in the area you are hunting(meaning growing in the ground) if there’s occupations on that site it’s too coincidental. Many of those could be ROI’s rocks of interest that an NA picked up in a creek/river area and brought back to camp . As to what they were used for no way to tell but can see if they are used or modified. Could’ve been a popular thing with the local tribal kids. My sons got hot wheel s and so all the other kids he’s around have to have hot wheels too not to be outdone. They are bound to be sourced from a nearby stream somewhere.

Comment

That's exactly the fealing I have about them to many in one spot although I can never be Shure of their exact use I'm Shure they had some purpose once !
                    New Jersey

Comment

The flattened ones, all about same size, that you have stacked in your finger grip are most interesting to me (I’m sorry, but the rest kinda look like river rocks, which believe me, I’d brought home! Apparently, whoever transported them to the site where you found them felt exactly the same way!) Those little flat ones remind me of pieces used in ancient mancala game, which maybe even was played eons ago in Egypt. I’ve read about a game played with fruit pits or seeds as pieces by several different groups of People. It has different names, depending upon who players were, but “rules” pretty much same. It’s a game of memory and strategy.

The People were just like us...or rather, we are just like them! Collectively, we have always had and loved music, art, games, stories, ornaments, etc.
                      Digging in GA, ‘bout a mile from the Savannah River

Comment

Working...
                      X