Flint type for this point?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flint type for this point?

Does anybody know what type or name of the material this Snyder point is made out of? Found in a creek in Missouri.

Is this a personal find? The tip doesn't look right (Going by the picture).
    Last edited by antmike915; 11-23-2020, 01:06 AM.
    šŸœ šŸŽ¤ SW Georgia

Comment

• StarLord4561
      StarLord4561 commented
      Editing a comment
      I posted a few more pictures with more details that I should have mentioned prior.

This is not a personal find. The previous owner that I got it from had accidentally dropped it and snapped the tip off and glued it back together. It is slightly off kilter when viewing it. From what he told me, is that the brown patch is part of the original cortex of the rock that hadn't been knapped off. The tip is no made with any other material such as putty.
    Attached Files

Comment

nice piece
      Wyoming

Comment

Nice pickup.
        Floridaboy.

Comment

• StarLord4561
          StarLord4561 commented
          Editing a comment
          Would the break that had occurred lower the potential value of the piece? (I'm not sure on what the rules are for this website when discussing value.)

• Hal Gorges
          Hal Gorges commented
          Editing a comment
          No one will pay much money for anything thatā€™s broken...Itā€™s a universal understanding...Which in your case is a good thing, cuzz then you get to enjoy it, after all, thatā€™s the real value in that point, as far as Iā€™m concerned...

Looks like a nice pickup to me,
        South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

Nice piece Star. It depends on how much another person wants it. And we don't talk to much about $ here. Value is in the beholder. Kim
          Knowledge is about how and where to find more Knowledge. Snyder County Pa.

Comment

not sure thats a snyder

Comment

Working...
            X