Point type and material?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Point type and material?

Is this considered an Adena? And what type of material could this be? I had picked this piece up from another collector. He had said it was found in Indiana. It's pretty risky purchasing points, but I couldn't pass this one up. Thanks!

Hey Hunter, welcome from Florida..looks good to me, if it was found in Florida it would be called a Marion , named after Marion co., probably same archaic time period, ...Nice lookin points in frame, your no beginner I see., let’s see em I’m hungry,Lol
    Floridaboy.

Comment

Nice piece, really like the tip.
      if I found that in Minnesota I’d call it a waubesa.
      welcome to the forum....👍
      Southeastern Minnesota’s driftless area

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
        SurfaceHunter commented
        Editing a comment
        I was going to say that but couldn't spell it.

• Hal Gorges
        Hal Gorges commented
        Editing a comment
        That’s funny, I hafta go to projectile points, type in wrong spelling, to get the right spelling,.Lol...Adapt, adapt adapt, Ha.

Looks like a Dickson to me with that base. Nice point.
      Headwaters of the Little Miami, Ohio

Comment

Here in NC it would be a morrow mountain...in Iowa a Gary? Looks like it's made from chert that has patinated. Nice point!
        Last edited by utilized flake; 12-10-2020, 07:53 PM.
        North Carolina

Comment

Welcome from Georgia, nice point; material appears to be chert. Couldn't tell you what they're called in Indiana but if found down south I agree with Hal on it being a Marion.
          🐜 🎤 SW Georgia

Comment

A nice waubesa. A variant of a dixon, not an adena. A nice Hopewell point. Nice purchase great condition.
            SE IA

Comment

Working...
            X