Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arrowhead Magazines

Good evening all.
    Speaking of evening...I like to fish and hunt, so I subscribe to a few magazines dedicated to the pursuit.
    My wife receives publications devoted to teaching and education.
    Nearly every walk of life can rest at the end of the day with a magazine about their passion.
    Can anyone point me to one about arrowheads?
    Much thanks!
    Flint Eastwood
    northwestern Pennsylvania

There is a couple i like but they are published quarterly. Prehistoric America, no fiction just finds and stories of finds. Also the Central States Archaeological society publishes an archaeological journal which is good and also publishes finds and stories of finds. I belong to the Peach State Archaeological society which is a member of the central states. you can do a search on these they are well worth the price of membership.
    South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

I sent you a PM Pennsylvania just joined the ranks of the Central States Archaeological Society. CSAS. Also if you want to join IACANE they have a quarterly newsletter and they also announce all the shows in PA. I will get contact info for all of it for you. If you join CSAS through the IACANE you get and CSAS 26 bucks..
      Click image for larger version

Name:	iacane .jpg
Views:	305
Size:	107.9 KB
ID:	547122
      TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

If you want Prehistoric American you would have to join the GIRS Genuine Indian Relic Society.

Their site loads pretty slow be patient .
        Last edited by Hoss; 04-09-2021, 10:21 PM.
        TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

I second the GIRS recommendation. Also the Archaeology Society of Ohio has been publishing a quarterly publication for many years that is superb, you have to join to get it. You can Google them to find their website. Here's a link that you can view older issues for free. https://kb.osu.edu/handle/1811/55832

Comment

I miss IAM Indian artifact magazine... I Have most of the issues from 99 till the end in 2012 I think it was. Kinda shocked no one picked up the torch from Mr. Fogelman to continue the mag. Central states is a good publication as others have said!
            North Carolina

Comment

Utilized flake,
              IAM was the one I knew of and read.
              It was my favorite.
              northwestern Pennsylvania

Comment

Prehistoric American is the way to go

Comment

Flint, some of those do "KidsCorner" type articles. I bet they would love to put your boy in them.
                  Western Kentucky

Comment

• Flint Eastwood
                    Flint Eastwood commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Mailman,
                    Very kind to say!
                    He is something special...a G10 kid for sure!
                    Flint
                Working...
                X