Gifting a foreign friend some arrowheads, need ID help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gifting a foreign friend some arrowheads, need ID help please

I'm sending a care package to a friend in London and want to include some arrowheads, since I'm always telling him about hunting and showing off my finds. It'd be great if I could send them with IDs, so I'm asking for y'all lovely folks help.

They're numbered in the pictures so it's easier, please speak up even if you can only ID a couple. The last two were given to me and they've got dirt on them but I've always felt they're probably fake but idk.

Any help is much appreciated, friends!
    Attached Files
    Central Iowa now, used to be in SC.

I can't name them but the ones you think may be fake (16 and 17?) appear authentic to me and are actually the best of the bunch even though 17 is missing the tip.

Comment

Not familiar with S. Carolina artifacts but I'll take a shot... 2, 4, 5, 6, 14 & 15 Savannah River. 7, 8, 9, 16 Morrow Mountain. 1 & 3 Kirks. 11 & 17 Bolen subtype. These are just guesses.
      Last edited by antmike915; 05-27-2021, 11:18 PM.
      🐜 🎤 SW Georgia

Comment

• Coy
        Coy commented
        Editing a comment
        Great answers, I think you nailed it!

16 and 17 look good to me
      South Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by SDhunter View Post
        16 and 17 look good to me
        That makes me a bit salty lol... 16 and 17 were the only ones gifted to me, from someone who's family had a plantation (with slaves!) for 200+ years, but it's hard to even dream points like that are even real around here after over 350 years of European settlement. Most everything that big and clean has already been found if you're surface hunting, which I am. :/

Oh well I'm glad the concensus is they're real, but I'm salty they're the 2 in my collection I didn't personally find. (I ended up sending everything but those 2)
        Last edited by Coy; 01-26-2022, 05:22 AM.
        Central Iowa now, used to be in SC.

Comment

Looky this blurry pic frame of Edgefield Scrapers from Peach State Archeological Society:

Click image for larger version

Name:	A8094998-0A44-4CB6-B4F7-680A8A46920B.jpeg
Views:	112
Size:	21.9 KB
ID:	612028

Number 13 kinda reminds me of them. Good info here:

Digging in GA, ‘bout a mile from the Savannah River

Comment

Working...
          X