No announcement yet.

Craziest Circumstances

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just thought of another one. I was hitting golf balls out of my front yard, across the road about 150 yards into an un-planted field.. I saw the ball land in a clump of weeds. I walked over to pick it up and made a birdie on the 5 wood shot,
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Birdie1.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	562221Click image for larger version

Name:	Birdie2.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	26.2 KB
ID:	562222
    It was apparently broken longitudinally head to tail during shaping. Must have really irritated the maker. The material is banded slate, and the banding really pops when it is wet. This is a great study piece to see the manufacturing steps.

Comment

Originally posted by flintguy View Post
      Another time I had just reached down to pull a point out of the water when I heard someone splashing up the creek. I turned to look and it was a Native American guy walking towards me. Long black hair in braids, eagle feather armband, no shirt. Looked like something out of a movie. I said hello as he passed but he never looked at me or acknowledged me in any way. Bizarre moment.
      My wife and I had a spot where we were permitted to dig early on, before we had a complete round of sites to surface hunt. She often went there on her own. So, she was digging one day, looked up, and about 15-20 feet away stood a tall native man. Wearing buckskin leggings, with a red robe draped around his shoulders. He was looking directly at my wife, and their eyes locked. After mere seconds, he simply faded away. My wife packed up all her gear, through the woods back to the car, and never dug the site again. Who knows, but I figured he was in his time seeing her, and she was in her time seeing him. Wonder what he would have told his people he had seen?

Rhode Island

Comment

• CMD
        CMD commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, flintguy, I wish I was with my wife that day, but odds are I would not have seen what she saw, these events/experiences tend to be individualized. Not that they are not valid, and most definitely food for thought. I love consciousness studies and musing on the relationship between consciousness and the structure of reality. I like to take it all in stride, in any case, since I think we still have a great deal to learn about reality itself. Anyway, food for thought is always a good thing. Always a good thing to think outside the box, never know what you’ll find….

• Cecilia
        Cecilia commented
        Editing a comment
        I am just reading this exchange. I am HAPPY! I believe ordained I belong to this forum!

• CGriff61
        CGriff61 commented
        Editing a comment
        Spirit, time warp? Whatever it was that is cool as hell. Lucky to have the experience, as creepy as it must have been

Click image for larger version

Name:	0F0488B5-B3E7-4CB5-B565-C434C4BB3327.jpeg
Views:	198
Size:	110.5 KB
ID:	562766 Here I was sitting on my in-laws back deck thinking I need some artifact hunting spots near my wife’s hometown of High Point NC. Somewhere to get away for all our sanity. Sitting there daydreaming of finding points I Click image for larger version

Name:	AE39DB2E-581F-4D1D-9B5D-4D0F328E5725.jpeg
Views:	196
Size:	83.3 KB
ID:	562765 look at the Hostas and notice what looks like rhyolite. Sure enough in the middle of a very old and very urban neighborhood off my in-laws deck was a very nice Mccorkle!
      N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Comment

• Josie
        Josie commented
        Editing a comment
        I remember you posting that find. I need to start thinking like you, lol.

• Tam
        Tam commented
        Editing a comment
        I remember that post too

• CGriff61
        CGriff61 commented
        Editing a comment
        Crazy! I always try to remind myself when I am in a dry spell that they could be anywhere.

Lived in IL a couple yrs right in the middle of 3 great sites. Had a flat one morning, dropped tire off for repair. Picked up next day and was told they couldn't fix it unless they put a boot patch in it as the tear was 2 in long. Gave me the rock that did the cutting, twas a 2 in.. wide arrowhead point with base ground down from pavement wear. A 1960s Goodyear double eagle at 150 bucks. Started hunting my mile hard packed sand road next day.
      SE IA

Comment

Just can’t remember who but took his tire in to be fixed . waking a small creek in the back parking lot and found a perfect dovetail . I keep being to to check road work .

Comment

I’m sure I’m not the only one who has run into some strange people while walking a creek especially around bridges. I will avoid telling those stories
          NW Georgia,

Comment

• Flint Eastwood
            Flint Eastwood commented
            Editing a comment
            Lol! They must bring out the trolls.
            Funny, I can think of a few characters I encountered near bridges.

• KingCornchip
            KingCornchip commented
            Editing a comment
            But... but I need the stories!

Flint Eastwood, this is a wonderful subject! I have enjoyed the posts (almost) as much as have enjoyed watching lil prodigy Nuther’s progressive shining.

I hope readers see what I do. I am kinda person can see forest but not always trees, and this big ole forest is patterned, a grove that is handiwork of something way, way bigger’n all us…
          Last edited by Cecilia; 06-24-2021, 10:07 AM.
          Digging in GA, ‘bout a mile from the Savannah River

Comment

Really enjoying the stories, got plenty to tell with spiritual implications, found this little birdie about 20 feet from my doorstep, later (in my dream) saw myself hiding it there thousands of years earlier, locked eyes with myself standing inside my door and poking it into the dirt and grinning back at myself at the same time, strange feeling , the synchronicity of the moment made me feel like all is well with me , I'm where I'm supposed to be
            Attached Files
            Last edited by LongStride; 06-24-2021, 06:55 PM.
            2ET703 South Central Texas

Comment

the buddy stepped on it thing seem to be a common thing, picked up a few my friends stepped on, stepped on a few that others picked up, funny how it works, never figured it was chance, it's a sacred object, in most cases it wants you to find it, the right person that is, was fishing with my cousin Lucas and he said there is an Arrowhead right here and started to dig a small hole the size of his arm, be was almost up to his shoulder we we're giving up on him, he pulled out a nice 3' darl point , funny how intuition works, best to listen and not letting you mind get in the way, my hoxie I found in an area on my property that I had not previously found any artifacts, I found a vein of flakes , 7 total over a month or so of checking after rains, then the hoxie, not a single flake from there since, after 2 years still not another flake, it's as if it was leaving clues to look here
              Attached Files
              2ET703 South Central Texas

Comment

• Cecilia
                Cecilia commented
                Editing a comment
                We take in information thru our senses, but I believe our intuition tells us things also. We just have to learn to listen!

It wasn’t the most amazing piece but I was disc golfing last summer with my daughter. A creek runs behind hole number 7 or 8 and there is a little bench there to rest. We stopped for a drink, and like I’ve done my whole life decided to scan the rock bed in the creek. 100s of people have to have walked across this thing but there sat a busted up tool. What makes it cool to me is there is a mound in someone’s yard 1/4 mile up the road from there. I always assumed it would be a good creek to hunt.
              Hunting in Central Ohio

Comment

It’s not that crazy of a story but I found a tool just sitting in the truck . Couple of years ago Georgia was just so hot in May . We had checked out a stand for a friend . I usually walk the road back but man my eyeballs were sweating . You know that kind of heat . We are driving along and I spot the pressure flaking just glistening in the sun from my seat out the window . Tell Wayne to stop and I jump out and grab this and a handful of spalls .
                I could have spotted a point that day I wanted something so bad .

Comment

But I did have a similar story to the fretting one . We pulled a truck out that went down the hill . Yeah we’re not
                  going to say who didn’t turn the wheel into the side .
                  Spoiler alert it was not me .
                  Anyway I say I am going to walk up this hill there is no way after this rain a point in not going to be sticking up . That’s the broken pickwick I found .
                  That day just got better . It was kind of fun pulling the truck out anyway.
                  That point was under ….there is hope for me ! lol . I had a phone with me .

Comment

There is a lesson here and a old member Turkey tail taught me this .
                    Like Tom check all power lines . They just toss the dirt .
                    Animal digs are the best . If it’s not your garden but they do all the work for you .
                    Reading these posts are lessons to be learned and funny to read .

Comment

• Mattern
                      Mattern commented
                      Editing a comment
                      There really should be a forum for our stories Tam.

Idk how many of you guys or gals have done this but right off the top of my head I can think of twice in 2 different creeks. Standing in the current and actually for some reason reach down and pull a artifact not being able to see it. One time it was a Celt another time it was a blade preform. It’s happened more than twice to me but that’s 2 examples.
                    NW Georgia,

Comment

Okay it took me a while to read all these great stories. All good stuff. I too have many stories to tell. I've posted some in my post "Relic Ramblings". We need a forum for our stories as they don't really fit any of the other forums. I wish we could make it so. Kim
                      Knowledge is about how and where to find more Knowledge. Snyder County Pa.

Comment

Working...
                      X