Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unusual artifacts within my arrowhead collection

Hello,
    There wasn't any site or internet 50 years ago when we were finding arrowheads while fishing in Oklahoma so I am excited about finding this site. the attached photos are of arrowheads we found in Oklahoma 50 years ago. I believe my father also purchased a few of the points in the frame. There are (3) unusual artifacts in the last picture. Any information regarding them would be appreciated as I have never seen anything like them on the internet with the exception of an Andice Exentric (hope I have the name right) in Texas. Again, thanks for establishing this site.
    Robert

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0360r [replaced].jpg
Views:	67
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	214133

My guess would be the unusual ones are modern made, there are certainly exentric doodles that are authentic but the other two forms turn up on the net from time to time and are not prehistoric. JMO
    You do have some nice points in there as well, congrats on your finds.
    Southern Connecticut

Comment

Hi Robert,
         In the last pic, the three eccentrics were no doubt the purchased ones, as they are modern pieces.
      Cliff

Comment

Thanks for the replies and information.  It is a let down to realize what I thought were the three prize points of the collection are modern.  Hard to believe someone was crafting those 50 plus years ago.  Oh well, the other points as mentioned are still nice and I have the memories of finding most of them.  Is it 100 percent certain the three points in question are modern?  LOL, had to ask one more time.
        Thanks
        Robert

Comment

Sorry, but yes.
          Bob

Comment

Man those ecentric are crazy looing but also modern like the orhers said,
            Jacj

Comment

Unfortunately the guys are right on the eccentrics. Do you mind posting close ups of the 3 "prize points" you found to be modern?

Comment

I'm sorry, maybey you WERE referring to the eccentrics. If so, disregard...

Comment

Yes, I was referring to the eccentrics.  Do any of the other points look suspect?
                  Robert

Comment

Im certainly no expert but nothing else screams reproduction to me. Most will want to see better pics of individual pieces to make that call. Thanks for posting them.

Comment

I'd like to see pics ( uploaded from photobucket!! ) of all the other points. :woohoo:   The real gems are not those three, there are more than a few real goodies there. :cheer:
                      This brings back up an issue I have with certain knappers and buying and selling...Those pieces found their way into a collection and now the whole thing (well,not really) is suspect.  I'm pretty sure he had no idea like most people these days that buy thunderbird effigies and such and pick up neat stuff at flea markets and ebay..and even from other locals!. They don't bear any signature of discernable mark on them do they?? (the three spoilers) LOL.
                      If the rest are the real thing you got a great collection from your family and Dad!
                      Professor Shellman
                      Tampa Bay

Comment

Working...
                      X