No announcement yet.

New Jersey Find Knife or Preform, Age?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Jersey Find Knife or Preform, Age?

Hi everyone, I am a new member with much to learn. This artifact was was found on a farm in Sussex County New Jersey. Received it labeled as a arrowhead/spear point, I am doubtful of this ID. I think it maybe a knife or possible preform but I am very unsure, also I do not know what or how to determine what age this is. Looking for help with this one, thank you all.
    Last edited by Bonito10006; 07-16-2021, 04:51 PM.

Nice piece nice material
    South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

Welcome from Michigan. Very nice find. I’m sure some of the great folks on the site will chime in soon with some more info on your find.
      Uncle Trav- Southwest Michigan

Comment

Welcome from Georgia; Definitely not a arrowhead or spear point. Most likely a preform. It's a nice piece.
        🐜 🎤 SW Georgia

Comment

Good quality jasper. I can't say anything else for certain. Probably not a projectile. Possibilities: knife, preform, blade, tool. Thanks for sharing. Nice artifact. Put it in a case.
          New Jersey

Comment

Welcome to our site Bonito. very nice blade. I tend to agree with kayak and others, but I do see tertiary flaking on the base. So it could be a finished tool. Don't you just wish they could talk? Kim from Central Pa.
            Knowledge is about how and where to find more Knowledge. Snyder County Pa.

Comment

I’m going to say preform because I believe that material is too nice not to have some very nice edge work and secondary flaking.

very cool find.
              Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

I’m with all the others.. preform.. 3rd pic shows some thickness..
                likely gave the maker trouble trying to thin down… shows great flaking and, a very nice piece…👍
                Southeastern Minnesota’s driftless area

Comment

Thank you very much everyone for the help with this one! Glad I was sort of close with thinking preform as a possibility, looking forward to sharing more in the future thanks for your time.

Comment

Fine piece. I agree with the others.
                    Western Kentucky

Comment

Working...
                    X