Need help with identifying a stone tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with identifying a stone tool

My grandpa found this while tilling his garden in Oklahoma. I think it may be an axe head. I am just trying to find out more about it.
    Thanks
    Shelly

Nice Celt! I'm sure you will get plenty of comment and info on that tool from the members here, very knowledgable.
    And welcome to the forum.
    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Hi Shelley,
         Like Greg says, that is a nice celt, which is an ungrooved axe. It would have been hafted in a wooden handle for use. It is within a few thousand years old.

Comment

Wow, Awesome find.  I wonder how many years he has been plowing that spot before he found it.

Comment

Awesome find! That's a celt for sure.

Comment

Very nice celt Shelly, Look around more intensly in your Grandpa's garden as there may be signs of flint and other artifacts in the general area. That is indeed a gem speciman, could you give us an idea on the length of it? That will help in giving you more information besides what it is. Great find!! Bill

Comment

If that was my garden it would be tilled clear to the clay bottom and I would screen out all the rock to give my plants a nice soft soil to grow in. You really do have a beautiful artifact.

Comment

Working...
              X