Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unfinished? Discarded???? Albany Spokeshave Even?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unfinished? Discarded???? Albany Spokeshave Even?

Well a couple weeks ago i posted an artifact that i needed insight on that I wasn’t sure how it came to be how i found it. It was basically “half made” it seemed. Well Wednesday i found an artifact that falls into that criteria….is it unfinished? Discarded? used as it as? It leaves so many thoughts and questions for me. It has the outer cortex on both sides and is pretty thick, yet
    its base is finely knapped and much thinner. The blade is knapped all the way around but its as if it maybe just never got thinned. It would have been, and even in this state, an amazing artifact. Could it be an Albany Spokeshave? All of your thoughts and opinions will be greatly appreciated! Thanks
    Attached Files

Looks like a knife that has been sharpened many times reducing the size.
    SE ARKANSAS

Comment

What Artifacination said, and if it was in Georgia it would be an Edgefield Scraper
      South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

It was finished and most likely used as a scraper.
        Michigan Yooper
        If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Cool piece. I've seen a lot of Albany Spokeshaves from San Patrice camps. The material even looks like the gravels they liked.

The base looks slightly different, but probably just regional version.
          Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

I like it! cool find.
            TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Multi-tool!

Comment

It looks like a scraper to me that was halfted where the side notches are.

Comment

Thanks guys! I was so excited to find it. Because of just how odd and unique it is and the wonder and thought that it left in my mind. Its a great conversation piece i think.

Comment

Working...
                  X