Paleo end scraper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paleo end scraper

Found today , would this be considered an end scraper with a spur ?

From your one bottom view, it does look like a spur. Flip it over, and let’s see the other side.
    being spurred doesn’t always mean paleo.
    Southeastern Minnesota’s driftless area

Comment

circle area may have been used to scrape shafts a spokeshave . that little nipple at the lower end may be a graver or it may jhave just ended up there as a biproduct of the creation of the spokeshave. Its a nice artifact.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	image_149605.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	184.4 KB
ID:	674852
      TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Without a picture there is no way to tell what you have. I have found many Early Archaic/Paleo scraper of several types and I need to see both sides.

Comment

• west_texas_arrowheads
          west_texas_arrowheads commented
          Editing a comment
          There is a picture posted , there is no other side seeing that it’s unifaced .

• sailorjoe
          sailorjoe commented
          Editing a comment
          If you are showing both sides then it is not a uniface scraper as per Early Archaic/Paleo.

The top edge and notch certainly appear to have been knapped for scraping. If your thinking a paleo or Clovis scraper typically described as having a spur, it isn't. Those were hafted, and I don't think yours was hafted with that unrefined cortex thick edge. It could be any age including paleo.

Comment

Working...
        X