Validity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Validity

When looking on sites like projectilepoints.com and such when they show a grouping from an area they have several lists at the top. One is validity. Under that list they have a type for each point. I understand all but 1. What do they mean by having "collector" listed for a point under that heading?

I think what you might be noticing is “Collector” type VS “Valid” type. The difference is a “Valid” type was usually named by an archaeologist is context from a dig site and with other supporting information, collector types are not named by archaeologists but collectors, Authenticators etc. I’ve noticed a lot of time it seems like collector types are just specific variants of already valid types that might have one or two defining traits.

Comment

Collector type was not named in a professional paper. A good example is the Kirk snap base. Lol that page will probably generate a bunch of hits today. That type is accepted by many collectors who have a point with the base snapped off. Ask a professional archaeologist about a point like that which is out of context and he/she would never even try to type it.
      TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Working...
      X