From Illinois, type?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From Illinois, type?

Got this one last year. Found a huge frame of authentic artifacts at a garage sale.they were all found in southern Illinois by her father. I can't figure out what type this one is,any ideas?

.??

not very good at this . From the wide notches up it looks hopewell but the bottom looks intrusive?

Comment

Does look like hopewell notches, but the bottom is incurvate. It is about three and a half long making it a very large intrusive mound. Got me, I have no idea hopefully someone will know. Thanks for your ideas though.

Comment

Ya got me JR. I am not sure either. The notching does look Woodland.
        Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

No idea, but something very late archaic or woodland.
          The closest things I can think of like it are the Ashtabula/Susquehanna/Orient Fishtail pieces from the east, but it's not a close match and the area is wrong.
          Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

Hahahaha !!!!!!
            Didnt we decide that if we got a point that we can't type we would just throw it in the kirks !!!! Hahahaha
            I don't know either guys ,,,, maybe some one will recognize it and chime in
            As for me and my house , we will serve the lord

Everett Williams ,
            NW Arkansas

Comment

Any basal grinding? Base reminds me of Turin if not ground no clue.

Comment

Light to medium grinding on it. Turin? Never heard of that type.

Comment

JR wrote:

Light to medium grinding on it. Turin? Never heard of that type.
                    Early archaic. Illinois, Kansas and Missouri.

Comment

Thanks for the advice, I looked up Turin blades and it does look like them. I wasn't familiar with that type...far out of my area. Not terribly common I guess?

Comment

JR wrote:

Thanks for the advice, I looked up Turin blades and it does look like them. I wasn't familiar with that type...far out of my area. Not terribly common I guess?
                        Ive only had one (I think?) dont think they are real common.

Comment

Hi, Judging from the photo it looks like a Kay Blade to me. Take care

Comment

That is a stumper! I would lean toward a Godar or related type from the late Archaic to Woodland period. Very nice point. Thank you for giving us something to ponder.

Comment

i am leaning towards an epps or a kay blade. late archaic to woodland, knowing the age sometimes is the main thing. Sometimes when my friends and i cant call em we just say the are billies[ billy bad boy]. nice point

Comment

Working...
                            X