Ohio's table rock vs. ashtablua

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ohio's table rock vs. ashtablua

Over the years I have found a good amount of points that fit this early woodland group. Here are some examples that I have found or acquired made out of various types of nicer grade coshocton and flint ridge material. This is my question, which is which? Does an Ashtabula have to have a lopsided look? Both types are extremely similar in size. In my picture in my opinion the top points are 'table rock' with the far right top maybe being Ashtabula. The lower row I believe to be all Ashtabula. Any help clarifying their being a difference in use or type I'm open to any helpful in site. I believe Ashtabula to possibly be slightly less common? Only judging by my field walking and shows I've been too. Thanks It does appear that the table rock has a bit of a further reach of range.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_2013-03-31 [replaced].jpg
Views:	24
Size:	129.5 KB
ID:	213660

Ok picture came up sideways so in my post left is 'up'and right side is 'lower' sorry for any confusion.

Comment

i would say all on the right and top one on the left are ashtabula and the lower 3 on the left might be table rock. the second one up on the right has that clasic ashtabula slant.  jim

Comment

Working...
      X