Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with IDing Florida Points!!!

Hello!
    I'm new to the forum, but have been an avid fossil hunter for many years. Occasionally I find a nice point or two along the way. All of these points were personal finds from North Florida. I could really use some help IDing them! I have a copy of the most recent Overstreet guide which helps, as well as some other resources. However I still feel lost in the world of artifacts. In the first two pics I believe to have an Osceola Greenbriar type 2, a white Alachua point, and a reworked blue Marion. The others baffle me, especially the coral translucent point. I have no clue on any of the points in the last pic. I'm Brian by the way and thanks in advance for taking the time to help. Happy Hunting!!!

Welcome from South Florida.  Great finds, it looks like you have a mix of several great types in there.  I'm sure Tom or one of the other Native Florida collectors can help with some types.
    My son and I were grubbing for teeth in the Peace River this past weekend, I found a couple of pot sherds and promptly tossed them back into the dark waters.
    Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

And another welcome, this one from Texas.
      I recognize a couple of points in there. Possible paleo!!!!
      Very nice collection to just call yourself a fossil collector.
      I too am an avid collector of the stoney primordial fauna -and- floura remains among other stuff.
      Post some of them fossils. We like them too.....

Jess B.
      It is a "Rock" when it's on the ground.
      It is a "Specimen" when picked up and taken home.

​Jessy B.
      Circa:1982

Comment

Welcome to the forum from Central Illinois. Love your artifacts
        Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

Welcome to arrowheads.com I edited your post for you. The pictures were only showing as thumbnails and some of our mebers cannot open them.All I did was click on edit and move the cursor to the end of your text and click insert on each of your pictures files. this same process would work for you on your future posts.
          Thanks for posting and welcome
          TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

very nice artifacts . Welcome From Northern Kentucky

Comment

Gorgeous points! Welcome from Central N.C.

Comment

Working...
              X