what would you call this point?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what would you call this point?

Found this point today, I love the material its made from. Its about 2.5 inches long. Would you call it a fish spear? The bifurcate looking base has me baffled. Thanks for any input...

Nice point Cheesy. I wouldn't call that a bifurcate base. Fishspear maybe but if I found it here in Illinois I would probably call it Matanzas. It is some fine material!
    Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

Being I'm in Texas, I'd call it a goodun.
      I ain't no help, I guess, I figger, :whistle:  but I do like that "polished" look.
      Nice patina, creek find?
      Jessy B.
      It is a "Rock" when it's on the ground.
      It is a "Specimen" when picked up and taken home.

​Jessy B.
      Circa:1982

Comment

Good looking point
        I Have Never Met A Rock I Didn\'t Like

Comment

Jessy, I found this in a plowed field. Not any water sources close to me big enough to river  hunt, spend all my time walking the fields...

Comment

cheesey wrote:

Jessy, I found this in a plowed field. Not any water sources close to me big enough to river  hunt, spend all my time walking the fields...
              Do you find many with that "Polished" look in that field?
            If not perhaps they, an NA, found it in a creek and brought it home.
            It sure has that "creeky" look to me.
            Jessy B.
            It is a "Rock" when it's on the ground.
            It is a "Specimen" when picked up and taken home.

​Jessy B.
            Circa:1982

Comment

Nope Jessy I can't say I have found many others that are as shiny as this one but I haven't walk this field much, just acquired permission for it this spring.I have found quite a few artifacts in it so far though and some really nice quality pieces at that.thanks for your input...

Comment

Nice find! looks like a new field is going to produce some great finds for you. I cant help on ID but always enjoy looking. Thanks for sharing.
                Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

Working...
                X