Wanted / Need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted / Need help

Hello , I am looking for information / instruction in restoring flint artifacts. I would like to hear about personal experiences, materials, tools used etc. I would like to know if anyone has heard of or has any written material about this subject.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated, I've just had some heart work done and i won't be getting out collecting much this year and I would like to learn another area of this hobie where I might be able to offer service to other collectors.
    Thank you for any help you may offer
    Be Well
    Bill Slater

:welcome:
    Well I hope you get well enough to get back out there and contribiute to your hobby.
    Restoration is a trial and error process that has a great deal of learning curve.
    I do some fossil restoration myself.
    Epoxides and shading takes a lot of skill and creating the charistics necessary to "fix" a point and make it look good will come with your level of abilities.
    Have you ever heard of a "Colorimeter"?
    That may be a place to start. Paint stores use them on customer samples to give different levels of color blending. But different lithics have different requirements.
    There is a gentleman here in Texas, goes under the moniker of Gomer, might offer some tips.
    Dr Gomer is the go-to-guy for many people here on our site.
    Good luck on this new persuit.
    Jessy B.
    It is a "Rock" when it's on the ground.
    It is a "Specimen" when picked up and taken home.

​Jessy B.
    Circa:1982

Comment

Heard body putty is usable. I imagine some kind of tape placed near break and feeling the areas as it cures? A nice paint kit could help.
      http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Working...
      X