Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fossil Show and sale

Coming in the last full weekend of October [24th, 25th -and- 26th]
    One of Texas' largest and longest running fossil show and sale.
    Fossilmania will be hosted by Austin and Dallas Paleo Societies again and this year
    the guest speaker will be discussing Dinosaur footprint strides.
    I am toying with the idea of taking him out to the dino "cast" site where I found mine.
    The site is still under wraps and has yet to be evaluated by any professionals who
    may or may not know what they are looking at. Only a visit and discussion will determine that.
    The find has yet to be revealed to any of the more prominent fossil people but that will soon change.
    These particular prints are not like the ones located in Glen Rose/Paluxy river, smaller and more abundant.
    Plus it appears that one of the "toes" sticks out to one side unlike the ones found in Glen Rose and many
    of the others I have seen from around there.

The show will be located at the Somerville County Expo Center again this year as has been in the recent
    history of the show.
    In it's infancy it was located at the Oakdale Park center and just out grew that site to it's present location.
    There will be more stuff and such than you can stick a shake at.
    Hope to see some of you guys there some day.
    Yall have a good day, and happy hunting.
    Jess B.
    It is a "Rock" when it's on the ground.
    It is a "Specimen" when picked up and taken home.

​Jessy B.
    Circa:1982

Bone2stone wrote:

Coming in the last full weekend of October [24th, 25th -and- 26th]
    One of Texas' largest and longest running fossil show and sale.
    Fossilmania will be hosted by Austin and Dallas Paleo Societies again and this year
    the guest speaker will be discussing Dinosaur footprint strides.
    I am toying with the idea of taking him out to the dino "cast" site where I found mine.
    The site is still under wraps and has yet to be evaluated by any professionals who
    may or may not know what they are looking at. Only a visit and discussion will determine that.
    The find has yet to be revealed to any of the more prominent fossil people but that will soon change.
    These particular prints are not like the ones located in Glen Rose/Paluxy river, smaller and more abundant.
    Plus it appears that one of the "toes" sticks out to one side unlike the ones found in Glen Rose and many
    of the others I have seen from around there.

The show will be located at the Somerville County Expo Center again this year as has been in the recent
    history of the show.
    In it's infancy it was located at the Oakdale Park center and just out grew that site to it's present location.
    There will be more stuff and such than you can stick a shake at.
    Hope to see some of you guys there some day.
    Yall have a good day, and happy hunting.
    Jess B.
      Well it was a little disappointing. Most of my collecting buds did not show.
    From what I was told, most no shows was due to health and getting too old to make the trip.
    Sure gonna miss getting out -and- with them at the shows.
    On the other hand the Dino prints were positively identified and were listed along with some other unusually preserved prints.
    Still had fun and will post some pics when I get to load pics from phone.
    I forgot to take my camera, duh!!!!
    Jess B.
    Up-date: Phone pics did not turn out well. Too fuzzy, too bright, too well lets just say;  not usable.
    So I will rely on someone else taking pictures hopefully.
    Jess B.
    It is a "Rock" when it's on the ground.
    It is a "Specimen" when picked up and taken home.

​Jessy B.
    Circa:1982

Comment

Working...
    X