No announcement yet.

beak?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

According to a March 3, 2009 article in the Conroe Courier, no 1,800-pound wild boar has ever been seen near Conroe, Texas, let alone hunted, bagged, and photographed for posterity. Your average Texan feral hog weighs in at approximately 150 lbs., says a Texas Parks and Wildlife game warden quoted in the Courier. An exceptionally large one might tip the scales at 300. It's rare to find a wild boar exceeding 400 pounds anywhere in the United States.
    In point of fact, it's doubtful there's a wild boar anywhere in the world that weighs 1,800 pounds. There have been reports of domestic hogs approaching or exceeding that size, but the largest documented specimens in the wild have topped out at 1,100 pounds or less.

Michigan Yooper
    If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Ron Kelley wrote:

According to a March 3, 2009 article in the Conroe Courier, no 1,800-pound wild boar has ever been seen near Conroe, Texas, let alone hunted, bagged, and photographed for posterity. Your average Texan feral hog weighs in at approximately 150 lbs., says a Texas Parks and Wildlife game warden quoted in the Courier. An exceptionally large one might tip the scales at 300. It's rare to find a wild boar exceeding 400 pounds anywhere in the United States.
      In point of fact, it's doubtful there's a wild boar anywhere in the world that weighs 1,800 pounds. There have been reports of domestic hogs approaching or exceeding that size, but the largest documented specimens in the wild have topped out at 1,100 pounds or less.
        My apologies.
      I just googled for a picture that showed the “razor” which gives these beasts their nickname and that was the best pic I could find. I accepted the caption that came with it in good faith… but I should have checked Snopes first.
      Never take anything for granted, eh?  :rolf:
      I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Comment

Hey Roger, That's an excellent picture of a razorback. I suspect that the man is not close to the pig. That picture was all over the internet and reported as shot in several different states. People take a good story and do very strange things with it.  :laugh:  :laugh:  :rolf:  :rolf:
        Michigan Yooper

Comment

Thats the famous picture of hogzilla.. I've mounted black Russian boars well over 500lbs. Not from the wild but canned hunts..As of Jan 1st this year NYS will no longer allow the import of boars into the state for these type of hunts..Lots of business will be shutting there doors..
          My liberty and freedoms are not yours to give or take!.... They didn\'t make us free we were born free, as long as we have the 2nd amendment we will remain free!

Comment

hvs wrote:

Thats the famous picture of hogzilla.. I've mounted black Russian boars well over 500lbs. Not from the wild but canned hunts..As of Jan 1st this year NYS will no longer allow the import of boars into the state for these type of hunts..Lots of business will be shutting there doors..
            Hey Ron, Wild hogs are not a big problem in Michigan because of a very aggressive plan to eliminate them. However most of the wild pigs in Michigan came from wild game farms. Russian Boars are good escape artists and they are very prolific.
            Michigan Yooper

Comment

Working...
            X